Previous owners Vs price?

Anything F-Type related......
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

So they've sent me a full hpi on it and shown all the service history at 5k, 13k, 20k and 24k. The diff oil has not been changed as on their info there's nothing to say to do it according to them but nothing says I can't book it in for a change. All the ones I've been looking at say "FSH or fjsh" and they are all missing a year and have based it on miles which like you say is a little cheeky. It's basically been serviced every 8k which is half the required, it's just time that's the issue which doesn't bother me really. I suppose full service history means "all the services are recorded" to the dealers...
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.

VVS

Post by VVS »

Mine had 4 previous owners when I bought it, but had been well looked after and serviced, had 35k miles on it. Had it over a year now and no issues whatsoever, despite doing 10k miles in that year

Always worth digging and can see SimpleR has given you tonnes of info and is far more knowledge on this stuff than I but I wouldn't necessarily be put off by the 4 owners thing on its own, so long as the car itself is well looked after and serviced.
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

VVS wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:06 pm Mine had 4 previous owners when I bought it, but had been well looked after and serviced, had 35k miles on it. Had it over a year now and no issues whatsoever, despite doing 10k miles in that year

Always worth digging and can see SimpleR has given you tonnes of info and is far more knowledge on this stuff than I but I wouldn't necessarily be put off by the 4 owners thing on its own, so long as the car itself is well looked after and serviced.
I think this one has me sold. I'll get the diff booked in for a service somewhere. Does anyone have any idea how much Jag would charge? It comes with a 12m RAC warranty so that gives me peace of mind.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the silver propeller 19" alloys. They look a bit 2003 Aston Martin and it makes the car look old 😂
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Any pictures you can share - you can always change the wheels but generally better to be patient and wait for the perfect car…nobody needs an F-Type so take your time and enjoy the buying process🙂
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

People may not "need" an f-type but I desperately need a new car in the next few weeks and I don't want to get an interim run about really!

da72c2b7d3734829a60be7ca437bcfcc.jpg

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I still find it amazing that someone in a brand new £70k ish car does the first service to schedule and then drives it for 2 years before doing again. Just the dong and service due soon message prompts me into action, I couldn't live with dong service overdue for a whole 12 months. OCD.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

simpleR wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:14 am I still find it amazing that someone in a brand new £70k ish car does the first service to schedule and then drives it for 2 years before doing again. Just the dong and service due soon message prompts me into action, I couldn't live with dong service overdue for a whole 12 months. OCD.
Fully agree. I cannot live with the thought that the oil and other fluids are degenerating over time and the manufacturers recommend annual for good reason. If they believed 2 years or mileage was OK then they sell it on that basis.
I also believe people who don’t service cars generally don’t maintain them well. Tyre pressures, wiper blades, minor chips left exposed, etc.

Separately I’d never buy a 4 owner car unless there was a good price benefit, or it was a very old car (say an E. Type). I’d be the 5th then trying to sell to the 6th and they’d expect a big discount. Look how many people post on the forum looking for 1 owner, late model, FSH
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:14 am I still find it amazing that someone in a brand new £70k ish car does the first service to schedule and then drives it for 2 years before doing again. Just the dong and service due soon message prompts me into action, I couldn't live with dong service overdue for a whole 12 months. OCD.
Mine alerts me two months before it's really due (very low mileage and 10 months since the previous one) so I do a sneaky reset involving bonnet opening and pedal pushing. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

I would say just because people like nice things doesn't mean they car about them. A lot of the time as long as they look good they don't care about the technicals, think how many supercars are sold to people who have no idea about the engineering behind it and only buy it as a manhood enlarger. Doesn't make the situation any better though.

Anyway, it seems most of the "missing" service history has been because of COVID. Found a cracking one with 3 previous owners incl current one with service history only missing 2020 &2022 but the car only did 6000 between services. All of the services have been dealership. It's from a main dealer and they're trying to trace the rest of the history for me as it seems a lot of it isn't on the portal but they have the paperwork. They said it was due to COVID, either unable to book a service or the MOT extension made people think they didn't need to service it either.
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

paddy1000111 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:28 pm I would say just because people like nice things doesn't mean they car about them. A lot of the time as long as they look good they don't care about the technicals, think how many supercars are sold to people who have no idea about the engineering behind it and only buy it as a manhood enlarger. Doesn't make the situation any better though.

Anyway, it seems most of the "missing" service history has been because of COVID. Found a cracking one with 3 previous owners incl current one with service history only missing 2020 &2022 but the car only did 6000 between services. All of the services have been dealership. It's from a main dealer and they're trying to trace the rest of the history for me as it seems a lot of it isn't on the portal but they have the paperwork. They said it was due to COVID, either unable to book a service or the MOT extension made people think they didn't need to service it either.
It's really hard to find what I'm looking for, a 2016+ V6S with under 45k miles, preferably nice extras such as heated seats, less than 4 previous owners and full service history for the £33,000 mark

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post