Is this stock? + Dashcam info

Anything F-Type related......
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Hi all,

As some of you are aware I've just recently got myself an f-type (2016 V6S).

I want to hardwire my dash cam as it was in the previous vehicle, I need an ignition live and a permanent live for 24h motion recording. My preferred method previously was to use the fuse blade extension method with an adaptor to make everything reversible at the point of sale. Could someone who's done it before give me some guidance as to suitable fuses? I don't want to extend a system that later causes issues.

Next question, when I got it it had "f-type" stickers in the wing mirrors, on the glass. I assume these aren't stock? I think they are kind of tacky and annoying but don't want to go ripping them off and find they should be there?

Thanks!
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.

scm

Post by scm »

Can't help with the fuses, but there are no stickers on my MY18 rear view mirrors.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Thanks, they will be going in the bin then! On another topic, does anyone have any suggestions for seat covers? I am sometimes not the cleanest after work (Aircraft engineer) and I am terrified of getting the ivory leather dirty. I have the upgraded seats for reference.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

This might help with your dashcam wiring:
viewtopic.php?t=4449
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The fuse boxes have changed over time. Yours probably has up to sixty fuses in the panel under the mat, I think.

I can't remember fully, but something like F57 for the switched and F59 or F62 for the permanent live comes to mind.

And there were no mirror stickers on my 2015 F type, from new or on my 2019 car.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

You should also seriously consider installing a voltage control within the live circuit. Something like the Blackvue Power Magic Pro
F Types are very prone to low voltage and battery drain issues and such a device will cut off the camera if the voltage drops below a certain level, ensuring it has adequate charge to start the car and not throw all sorts of error messages.
Saved me a few times in my F Type where week or so at the airport has left the battery at the preset voltage cut off. Previously it would be near flat..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Thanks for all the help. I'll double check the manual in relation to the fuse numbers but having seen a video of an install on an f-type they sound familiar.

I would get a voltage monitor but I purchased a high end camera which has a built in power cutoff. It's actually very good and in the last year and a half of it being in my Volvo it never once drained the battery below the set limit even after being parked for 2 weeks at an airport!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

For my own information, at what voltage have you the power cut off set?
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

So far I've always had it set for 12.2v. a fully charged lead acid is normally 12.6v, a 50% depletion is around 12.2v

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post