Service Lottery

Anything F-Type related......
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

mono-uk wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:18 pm Just a word of warning i went to Inchape last year for the 385 price, they were supposed to do the spark plugs and they didn't.....
Inchcape Derby wouldn’t do my service with a spark plug change for £385, it was £570
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm

evilcat11

Post by evilcat11 »

Same 'poor' experience here, Jaguar Derby completely ignored the service to schedule element and performed a random service of their choosing with no items from the scheduled service covered and put the blame on their bookings team, asking me to book back in another day and pay the difference to the jaguar quoted rate. Since challenging this they have completely ignored all emails and phone calls and I have not heard back from them in over 3 weeks even after chasing most days and flagging to the Inchcape UK team. Extremely poor customer service and I would avoid in future.
Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

Thing is they reacted as if they were not aware that their website says service to schedule, claiming their paperwork doesnt say that and then admitting its wrong on the website. But if Im not the first they obviously know about it and it starts to border on trades description - getting people to come in under false pretenses and then charging more!

I will give them a week or two to respond to my verbal feedback - but if I dont hear anything will then be leaving wriiten feedback to warn others
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

As per my previous post.

It would seem they have realised the error in their ways and the £385 has or will come to an end. Shame. But at least I had three services out of it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

simpleR wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:07 pm As per my previous post.

It would seem they have realised the error in their ways and the £385 has or will come to an end. Shame. But at least I had three services out of it.
That’s a shame, I was going to get you to book my next service with them 😁
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

A shame it's confirmed as ended by the above evidence and experience
If you try to book online it still shows as £385, but the wording is vague about what they do and despite the £385 the total shows as POA.
I need the 10 year service which includes all sorts like:
Gearbox oil (which I can do myself),
Rear diff oil & coolant (both already done),
Spark plugs, (to do),
plus the usual oil and filters
I cannot risk booking only to be told the bill is massively higher.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

that's why you should use an indie, much better service and thay look after your car with interest.
scm

Post by scm »

gasgas wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:26 pm that's why you should use an indie, much better service and thay look after your car with interest.
Can't (and won't!) argue with that. Mine does what's necessary when it's necessary, which doesn't necessarily follow the Jaguar schedule to the letter - e.g he checks the brake fluid and replaces that when it needs replacing, not every two years. On a previous Jag he refused to change the spark plugs when I asked him to because they were still working perfectly, saving me quite a bit - it's sometimes hard to get him to take my money!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scm wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:40 pm
gasgas wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:26 pm that's why you should use an indie, much better service and thay look after your car with interest.
Can't (and won't!) argue with that. Mine does what's necessary when it's necessary, which doesn't necessarily follow the Jaguar schedule to the letter - e.g he checks the brake fluid and replaces that when it needs replacing, not every two years. On a previous Jag he refused to change the spark plugs when I asked him to because they were still working perfectly, saving me quite a bit - it's sometimes hard to get him to take my money!
Yes, indeed. Now booled with my usual indy at £645. Will do all the required work, collect and return (which I trust). No issue on the bits I don't need doing and will update the service record to reflect the already done changed and not required now. Gearbox oil thrown in whilst doing the rest :)

Out of curiosity I checked with Inchcape and comes in at £1,305 to do all. Perhaps could reduce it a few hundred but doubt it would fall below £1k..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:37 pm Out of curiosity I checked with Inchcape and comes in at £1,305 to do all. Perhaps could reduce it a few hundred but doubt it would fall below £1k..
And you're not sure they won't put a work experience lad on it! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post