MY21 Front grille badge swap to 2023 black version.

Anything F-Type related......
barrycraig

Post by barrycraig »

Jimc wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:06 pm Hi Barry, is the badge you fitted a 100mm black/silver one? If so, can I ask where you sourced it from? Drawing a blank in my own search for one. TIA / Jim
Hi Jim,

Apologies for the late response. The badgeI fitted was a 100mm matte black with the part number "T2R84501" I had to contact my local dealer to order it as I couldnt find one anywhere else.

Edit: having done a new search it seems that Britcar now have the badge stocked so you can do it without going through the dealer if you prefer: https://britcar.com/product.php/1074050 ... rad_grille
Last edited by barrycraig on Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

barrycraig

Post by barrycraig »

DavidP wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:06 pm Hi Barry,
thank you for the great write up. I have just "upgraded" the front growler to an all-black 100mm one.
The front bumper or even the radiator cover need not be removed.
The way i did it was to carefully remove the outer bezel [where jaguar is stamped].
This gives access to the main part of the badge, which has an inward chamfer to it.
The tabs are located in the 000, 120 & 240 deg position [clock face i=12, midway between 4&5 and 7&8].
There is enough room to push the tab down following the chamfer - i used metal shirt collar stiffeners, and once released it just pops out.

Save your fingers next time......
Hi David, this is interesting to read as the badge I removed and the one I replaced it with are all made from a single piece of plastic, the "Jaguar" outer bezel is not separate like it is on the pre-facelift models. Did you do the swap on a MY20 or newer?
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

Hi Barry,

My wagon is a MY21 facelift... I checked with the supplier [Hermann in Germany] that the part was for the new version, which was confirmed.

The one i have is splitable into 3, chrome bezel, red insert with black surround fused on and the growler head held by a single screw.

Its identical to the all-black that i got, using your part number. The all-black also splits into 3 thats how i worked out how to remove without all the aggro that you went through [also my fingers didnt fit that well!!].

I have added the pictures showing the process...

Cheers
David

EDIT - the pictures have loaded in reverse order, so start at the bottom and work upwards!!!

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG
barrycraig

Post by barrycraig »

DavidP wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:45 pm Hi Barry,

My wagon is a MY21 facelift... I checked with the supplier [Hermann in Germany] that the part was for the new version, which was confirmed.

The one i have is splitable into 3, chrome bezel, red insert with black surround fused on and the growler head held by a single screw.

Its identical to the all-black that i got, using your part number. The all-black also splits into 3 thats how i worked out how to remove without all the aggro that you went through [also my fingers didnt fit that well!!].

I have added the pictures showing the process...

Cheers
David

EDIT - the pictures have loaded in reverse order, so start at the bottom and work upwards!!!
Wow, I cant believe I missed that! Thanks so much for the photographs.
Robbyrner

Post by Robbyrner »

Just made the change on my car, using a combination of both the “jam your fingers in until they hurt” and “methodical, use though and logic” techniques, combined with a very sharp knife (the perks of being a chef! 😂) and have successfully swapped the red growler with a new black “75” version. Looks really good and I’m sure my fingers will recover soon.

I found jamming my fingers in through the grille and squishing them down into the prongs to compress the tabs a good technique, and then using the aforementioned knife to pop out the top tab quite achievable.

This thread was most useful, so thanks very much!

IMG_7105.jpeg

2021 P450 5.0 V8 AWD in Santorini Black with all the fun stuff!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post