What could possibly go wrong? (would you but this car?)

Anything F-Type related......
Dynamic Dek

Post by Dynamic Dek »

I seen this on AT back in April, price was £48,520.
Too much dosh for me to give to a private seller. I ended getting a 21 plate P450 from Jag main dealer.
For someone who really know what they are doing or have an experienced 'helper' could be worth a look.

P450H.JPG

ATB
DD
P450 21MY Firenze Red

Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

ReallyGoodUsername wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:45 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:44 am For me dropping £45k into the hands of an individual person with very limited recourse on them would be a real concern. I’d have to ‘buy’ the person and the car. In this instance it wouldn’t work for me. The description in Autotrader puts me off with arrogant wording, price reduced, not clear about owners, poor photos and a separately a known missed service.
The discount to dealer prices may be attractive, but it’s small in the big order if something goes wrong and to be fair on top end sports cars it can and is expensive. Don’t get me wrong I’ve purchased dozens of used cars privately, but examples I know about, where to look for problems and the type of car I can spanner easily and much less outlay.
I’d move to either a clearly cherished example or stick to dealers
I agree, although certain main dealers offer limited or no recourse.

I think I'll keep looking. It's interesting to get the community view though, thanks for the reply.
I always thought if you buy from a dealership, popping just £100 on a credit card gives you pretty good cover.
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
ReallyGoodUsername

Post by ReallyGoodUsername »

Eclipse83 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:05 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:44 am For me dropping £45k into the hands of an individual person with very limited recourse on them would be a real concern. I’d have to ‘buy’ the person and the car. In this instance it wouldn’t work for me. The description in Autotrader puts me off with arrogant wording, price reduced, not clear about owners, poor photos and a separately a known missed service.
The discount to dealer prices may be attractive, but it’s small in the big order if something goes wrong and to be fair on top end sports cars it can and is expensive. Don’t get me wrong I’ve purchased dozens of used cars privately, but examples I know about, where to look for problems and the type of car I can spanner easily and much less outlay.
I’d move to either a clearly cherished example or stick to dealers

I think I'll keep looking. It's interesting to get the community view though, thanks for the reply.
I always thought if you buy from a dealership, popping just £100 on a credit card gives you pretty good cover.
How does that work?
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

ReallyGoodUsername wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:06 pm
Eclipse83 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:05 pm

How does that work?
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/recla ... purchases/

Between £100 and £30k though, but could still be useful perhaps.
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
ReallyGoodUsername

Eclipse83 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:11 pm Between £100 and £30k though, but could still be useful perhaps.
Blimey, didn't know that. Thanks.
ReallyGoodUsername

That's actually really useful to know! Not just for oily rags this place