Key fob cover

Anything F-Type related......
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

Hey all,

My keys are looking a little worse for wear with the edges coming away and the button icons wearing away (on the second key) - see pic, which looks to be down to poor design for the edges issue over anything else.

Have you had this and if so, can you recommend a replacement cover/fix to get them looking lovely again that you’ve used?

IMG_4854.jpeg

Thanks 🙏
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I bought a rubber cover that slides over tightly. Works well, it has the same markings as the fob itself. Sorry I can't remember where I bought it but they are out there if you look.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I went for a bit more bling with one of these...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394188131377

Quite a tight fit at first and a slight gap around the back plate but it relaxes into itself after a while and looks good.

Can't go wrong for that price.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
neilportas

Post by neilportas »

I bought a couple of these replacement cases from Amazon, really pleased with them and only £11 each:

Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

Lunar wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:12 pm I went for a bit more bling with one of these...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394188131377

Quite a tight fit at first and a slight gap around the back plate but it relaxes into itself after a while and looks good.

Can't go wrong for that price.
Very bling 8-) .
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

neilportas wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:14 pm I bought a couple of these replacement cases from Amazon, really pleased with them and only £11 each:

I think I'll give one a go and see how they are, or try both for the price :D
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Replacement of the entire case by me too. Had it on both F Type and previous Evoque. Same already on a Velar in the family fleet that the rubber cover does not bond properly to the inner shell. Very poor design..
TBH you can't really tell the difference between Amazon the aftermarket and the oem JLR, except they are a bit less rubbery and of course don't fall to bits either
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

Cheers all, I’ll order a couple 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post