Apple CarPlay

Anything F-Type related......
Webarno

Post by Webarno »

Hi all,

Sorry for posting yet another Apple CarPlay thread, but thought this may help out some fellow members.

I’ve been considering buying an CarPlay module for my MY15 F Type since I bought the car last year.
The obvious choice seemed to be the unit by Unique Auto Developments, but I kept seeing posts about issues with the reversing rear camera once installed and that was putting me off.

After searching for an alternative, I eventually came across a company called Streamline Coding.
I found the unit on their eBay page, so decided to take a look into the outfit to ensure it was kosher.
Located their website and decided to give them a call to ask about the unit and check for any potential issues with the reversing camera.
I was assured it would all be fine.

Decided to order the kit and also paid a little extra for them to come out and install it for me as I wasn’t too confident taking on that job myself.

They came out yesterday, installed the kit and everything was up and running within a couple hours.
To my delight, everything works flawlessly including the reversing camera.

I am over the moon with it, and to make it even sweeter, the total cost including the install was around £450.

I’m situated in Essex, so for anyone else in close proximity then this is a great alternative option at a cheaper cost.
MY15 V6 S Coupe Stratus Grey
Essex

stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Out of interest, was your car the Harmon or Bosch system? (Did they have to take apart the area around the screen or was it all in the panel between the seats?)
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
Webarno

Post by Webarno »

I have the Bosch system, and the install was done between the seats.
Essex
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Webarno wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:05 pm I have the Bosch system, and the install was done between the seats.
O okay, for some reason I thought the Bosch system meant you had to pull apart the centre console...

Anyway... I might be wrong but I seem to recall reading somewhere that if you have the Bosch system the reversing camera issue doesn't occur on the UAD system. It's specific to the Harmon system.
That could be COMPLETELY wrong, but I read it somewhere on one of the many forum posts I googled through when researching it. I assume if it is incorrect someone here will likely correct me.

Either way, glad you are happy with the upgrade :!:
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
scm

Post by scm »

I've seen reports that the forward and back track buttons on the steering wheel don't work with this type of upgrade - do yours work as intended?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Webarno

Post by Webarno »

scm wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:03 pm I've seen reports that the forward and back track buttons on the steering wheel don't work with this type of upgrade - do yours work as intended?
Ah yes, good point.
The forward and back buttons on the steering wheel don’t work for changing tracks now which is the bad part. You have to use the touchscreen for it which is ok for me, if a tiny bit less convenient.

Volume buttons on the steering wheel work.
Essex
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

I was pretty sure the Bosch was in the dash and the Harmon was between the seats?

I talked in another thread about the one I had installed, and to confirm, the handsfree works fine, all the steering wheel controls work fine and the reversing camera work fine
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
maksi

Post by maksi »

I've installed this one and like mono-uk said, everything works perfectly fine: https://thecarplayer.com/collections/ja ... -2012-2016 (it is the bosch unit)
paul.dodds

Post by paul.dodds »

maksi wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:46 am I've installed this one and like mono-uk said, everything works perfectly fine: https://thecarplayer.com/collections/ja ... -2012-2016 (it is the bosch unit)
When you say everything, does that include the steering wheel forward/back buttons?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post