Where do I put my GB sticker for driving in France

Anything F-Type related......
rolgm

Post by rolgm »

I'm off on a trip to France with my brother in the F-type.

I've got magnetic GB "stickers" - but of course they don't stick.

I'm a bit loathe to put actual stickers on the car - and I don't have a UK flag on my number plate (I suppose I could get one).

So - what do you all do? Where would you put the sticker - does it cause any problems with the paint?

And - I think I don't need the stickers for the headlights. Should I get European breakdown - given I've just had the coolant pipe, oil leak and sheared bolts fixed?

thanks in advance - Roland

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I previously have just added the reg plate stickers such as these.

This is probably the best guide for what you need.
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/country/france/
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Deleted User 3656

Post by Deleted User 3656 »

Hi Just returned from 8 weeks in Portugal and Spain I used a rear screen sticker that worked like the old tax disk holder got in Halfords or ebay?,re lights in handbook says do not need to adjust or use stickers. I just put a set of bulbs in the car I had kicking around also don't forget Triangle and hi viz (the jackets have to be inside the car to put on before you get out?I did get breakdown you never know and did use on wife Audi once saved me a packet
Have a good trip we did lots of great comments and looks.
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

GB stickers are no good. Now we’re out of Europe, it’s UK stickers. I put one on the number plate as per previous photo. No headlamp beam deflectors needed on an F Type.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I think you’ll find that stickers on the number plate are too small to be legal now.
Just get a stick on Halfords UK oval one - any residue will easily wipe off after.
Definitely get breakdown cover - what if you get a puncture and the gunk is no good / the local garage can’t source a tyre?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

Check your insurance company don't already supply overseas car breakdown cover.
Had bad experience with the AA when an e type broke down in Austria, took over 10 weeks to recover it.
We then found out that the car insurance policy had a breakdown cover built in.
2021 R Portofino Blue, Convertible, Black interior, Sports seats.
rolgm

Post by rolgm »

@Gareth - yes I meant UK stickers :) - I got some last year for my other car, when I went to France (magnetic ones)
@Adrain1961 - I have that stuff from the trip to France from last year, including the breathalysers......! Must remember to get a set of bulbs - although with LEDs - do we need them?
@Ratboiler - must check that - I have UK breakdown cover through them (with the RAC) - but it doesn't mention Europe - I think they wanted another £70 or so on top of my insurance for European cover, and at the time I didn't think I would need it, as we were going to go in my brother's S-type......
@Lunar - good point about the tyre - must admit that I drove to France last year in my Mazda, and that doesn't have a spare tyre.....perhaps I was lucky!
@simpleR - I'll have a look at the link - I think I will at the very least buy some of those stickers!
scm

Post by scm »

rolgm wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:44 pm@Lunar - good point about the tyre - must admit that I drove to France last year in my Mazda, and that doesn't have a spare tyre.....perhaps I was lucky!
I'd say these days if you need a spare you've been unlucky!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Steveglenlee

Post by Steveglenlee »

Also a clean air sticker is required.
MY17 F type R V8 AWD in Dark Sapphire
rolgm

Post by rolgm »

I am thinking about getting a clean air sticker, but I don't intend on going to anywhere that requires one - hopefully I can order one today and it will come before I leave in a week or so.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post