2016 Bluetooth connection issues with new phone

Anything F-Type related......
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Hi all,

I've got a 2016 v6s with the base entertainment system (I think). I've had issues recently with my new phone (Samsung galaxy s23+ on the latest firmware). I can connect to the unit fine but it keeps connecting and disconnecting every 2 minutes or so. If I'm playing music it cuts it out and goes to radio. On my older phone (sony xperia 3) it was working flawlessly. The odd thing is after around 10 minutes it connects and stays connected?

Anyone had a similar issue or is there a way to factory reset the infotainment system so I can try it fresh? I've obviously tried a delete and repair, I've also checked all the permissions are active.
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.

VVS

Post by VVS »

I've had the exact same issue this week. 2016 V6 as well, just bought a new phone (Google Pixel 7Pro) and disconnects every few minutes for the first 10-15 minutes, then seems stable. Never did this with my old phone (OnePlus) or with my girlfriends iphone when she plays music in the car.
No idea why so anyone who could help would be appreciated, it's recently been serviced but doubt that should make any difference?
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Interesting that you seem to have similar issues. I've had a look at it seems to be something to do with contact sync etc. I might try to connect for music only and see if it works. Looks like an update is required from jaguar, I might email their service team and ask if they have it in their sights for a future update.
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

May have found a potential fix. It definitely seems to be a phone book issue (Bluetooth PBAP). It seems to not like syncing and then boots the phone off for a reconnect.

I went into developer settings on my phone and then downgraded the Bluetooth PBAP to version 1.1, tel limit unlimited, ETC limit 2, picture limit--yes.

I've just connected instantly, phone book came up straight away (took ages before) and streamed music for 10 minutes without fault from the start. Hopefully this sorts it

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post