Service Plans........

Anything F-Type related......
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The EMAC clause will be there to cover early termination on monthly contracts. So if a plan gets cancelled mid way and the spend exceeds what has been paid in at that point there is a shortfall to pay, which is fair enough. Ordinarily it would all average out over the full contract term.

There are promotions on service plans occasionally. I took out one for £1360 covering services 2,3 and 4 (average £450) when l got my car and it was 15 months old. Dealer said he couldn't get anywhere near that price. (The 3+ scheme didn't apply due to age and SVRs are not included in it anyway).
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

TopCat wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:47 am I think Jaguar contracts out its service plan, although it is referred to as being administered by EMaC Limited.

One of the conditions says
2.3. Services Costs will be deducted from your payment. In the event that the cost of the Services received by you prior to termination exceeds the payments made by you, you shall remain liable for the outstanding amount and shall make immediate payment to us of any balance due and we shall be entitled to charge interest at a rate of 4% above the base rate of Barclays Bank plc until full reimbursement is made.

Based on the above there doesn’t appear to be any savings for having a service plan, unless the dealer is reducing their prices for a service plan being in place.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/ownership/serv ... tions.html
The service costs referred to here mean the fixed price services in your contract, they are listed for each year. This term is simply to say that you have to pay your monthly payments as they add up to that total; if you don’t then they will charge you. It doesn’t mean the service costs vary from the agreement.
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

simpleR wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:32 am A service plan should reduce labour rates by 10% however they are not cheaper than shopping around or booking individual components.
That is a very generalised statement that isn’t born out by the prices I checked thoroughly in April, though there may have been a promotion on. The JLR service contract was significantly cheaper than the same JLR individual service prices shown on their website, which in turn were cheaper than the service prices the main Jag dealers quoted (the ones local to me anyway) the contract I took for 5 years was nearly 50% cheaper than the local dealer service quotes for the same 5 services, that’s before the impact of inflation; way different than juts 10% on labour. I was worried there would be extras, but it covers all the items in the service schedule , so for example included diff oil change this time, etc. which whack up the price for some years.
For example in my plan the 48 month service is charged as £550, on JLR website the fixed price for that service is £643 and main dealers will bizarrely quote over £900 for that same service!
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

As per my previous thread, using the link provided by SimpleR I booked with inchcape Chester for the £385 4 year service and they phoned me saying I had booked the wrong service as mine wasnt a major service and it would be £608 - makes no sense does it :? and I would have argued with them had they not phoned on my mobile whilst I was at a supermarket checkout and didnt have ther service terms in front of me. However I then rebooked with Inchcape Derby for August and have had confirmation and so far no other communication from them. I will however phone them a week before travelling to Derby.
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I have always used Derby.

I had 1st, 2nd and 3rd on a service plan from new. £999.

4th service Oil and Rear Diff and used the £385 service to schedule, no issues.

5th service Oil and Spark Plug and used the £385 service to schedule, no issues.

6th service Oil, brake fluid and transfer case fluid and again used the £385 service to schedule but did get queried when I dropped it off but no issues come payment.

7th service next year is just an oil change so the cheapest way is to book on Jaguar website direct for £181. I might add Rear Diff oil 1yr early and Front Diff 2yrs early though.

I think the Inchcape website is wrong but I have not had any issues other than being questioned when I checked in for 6th service and the £385 service to schedule has been available for 3+ years now.

Good luck!!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post