An odd picture request...

Anything F-Type related......
Rikochet

Post by Rikochet »

Is anyone able to recreate the below picture from their car with a fixed rear spoiler installed?

I'm looking to add that modification, but wanted to know how obstructive it is. The deployable spoiler is a bit irritating in it's extended position as it robs a great deal of the lower rear windscreen view.

Thanks.

Rear view spoiler retracted.jpg

Rear view spoiler deployed.jpg

2020 (MY21) F-Type R Coupe
British Racing Green

paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

If you're worried about seeing out the back you're not driving it fast enough for a fixed spoiler ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
Rikochet

Post by Rikochet »

paddy1000111 wrote: โ†‘Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:05 pm If you're worried about seeing out the back you're not driving it fast enough for a fixed spoiler ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚
Excellent reply :lol:
British Racing Green
scm

Post by scm »

I might try if it stops raining. I have to say I've never really found it to be problem for rearward vision, but I guess if you're used to no spoiler then having one pop up will seem like a bit of a spoiler of the view (see what I did there?).

One plus of the fixed spoiler is that it makes the car look great all the time, not just when the spoiler isn't deployed. :lol:
Another is it doesn't shout that you've exceeded 70mph. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Rikochet

Post by Rikochet »

scm wrote: โ†‘Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:45 pm I might try if it stops raining. I have to say I've never really found it to be problem for rearward vision, but I guess if you're used to no spoiler then having one pop up will seem like a bit of a spoiler of the view (see what I did there?).

One plus of the fixed spoiler is that it makes the car look great all the time, not just when the spoiler isn't deployed. :lol:
Another is it doesn't shout that you've exceeded 70mph. ;)
Strong punning there :D

I do like the look of the fixed and think it really compliments the back end.
British Racing Green
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

How we differ. Iโ€™ve spent 5 years driving with a deployable spoiler and never thought once that it reduces rear visibility. TBH with head restraints, mesh insert, small window, thereโ€™s not much to see anyway other than the presence of a close vehicle. Good door mirrors are ample when itโ€™s deployed and a rear camera handles reversing.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

Here you go ...

SpoilerView1.jpg

One benefit at night is you can see your high level brake light is working!
Rikochet

Post by Rikochet »

scm wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:16 pm Here you go ...

SpoilerView1.jpg

One benefit at night is you can see your high level brake light is working!
Perfect - thank you very much indeed. Looks like around 60+% less obstruction to view.

Now to get some quotes and make it happen :)
British Racing Green
ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

Depends on seat height etc.If their eye level to the rear mirror is different to yours then it's not gonna be apples to apples. Also that is in no way 60% less obtrusive lol
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.
scm

Post by scm »

Rikochet wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:27 pm Perfect - thank you very much indeed. Looks like around 60+% less obstruction to view.
How much it intrudes will also be dependent on how high you sit - I'm 5'10 with 32" inseam and I think the picture shows more of the spoiler than I actually see when driving (camera was a quite a bit forward of my eyeline when I took it, the curse of a "proper" lena and camera!).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post