Infotainment Screen Issues/"Cameras not available"

Anything F-Type related......
0161Jag

Post by 0161Jag »

Morning All,

I've had an annoying bug in my F-Type since I bought it, I've been working with the garage to have it fixed, currently the issue is still unresolved and a bit of a mystery, as it doesn't always consistently appear.

So I turn to the forum for some help!

Back in January I had an error where the message "Cameras not available. Please consult your dealer" so as the message asked, I did that. The whole infotainment system would go off, sometimes rebooting and failing. Therefore falling into a bootloop to try and fix this. Jaguar technicians came out to read the errors on the car and managed to get it to faulter on my drive (I've attached what they managed to read below). I sent these to the Jaguar dealership and they replaced a multiude of parts over a couple of months when this error would keep appearing. Backup camera replaced, battery replaced (as it would not hold charge), altinator replaced. Still this issue persists. Jaguar say they cannot fix it, until they get it to error again and can read the codes.

Has anyone seen this issue before, did Jaguar fix this for you?

Thanks

IMG_6492.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6490.jpeg

IMG_6489.jpeg

MY17 F-Type V8 R AWD - Caldera Red
Cheshire West

scm

Post by scm »

Could it be dodgy earthing of some cables? A favourite cause of random and hard to diagnose faults.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
0161Jag

Post by 0161Jag »

scm wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:11 am Could it be dodgy earthing of some cables? A favourite cause of random and hard to diagnose faults.
It's an interesting take scm, I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

I did ask the service tech last time, have they checked wiring, or do their tests that they complete cover the wiring checks.

I'd read that worn out wires over the fenders had been a problem. Also someone had worn a small hole in the wire in the passenger footwell, which had caused earthing issues.

I'm not sure how I'd get them to go about this check, as I feel they've exhausted replacing all the components in my car.

Thanks
Cheshire West
scm

Post by scm »

0161Jag wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:16 am I'm not sure how I'd get them to go about this check, as I feel they've exhausted replacing all the components in my car.
The thing with a lot of dealers is that, if JLR or the customer is paying, they'll quite happily keep changing things until either the fault, or the customer, goes away. They don't do any proper diagnosis, just follow the computer. That's where a decent independent can be valuable - they'll actually try to fix things and will do a deep dive to get to the root of the problem. Maybe someone in the Cheshire area can recommend someone.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
0161Jag

Post by 0161Jag »

I agree scm!

I was paying, they'd happily exhaust all options...if it's on their time, not so happy to change much.

I have thought about taking it to an independant, getting them to gut it as it rattles like hell, inside the cabin (plastic on plastic).

I know there's one in Wigan which is highly recommended called Jagman. I saw that listed quite a few times on the Facebook groups.

Thanks again!!
Cheshire West

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post