Purchasing help and how to identify F-type options from pictures?

Anything F-Type related......
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

jonm wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:21 am I guess they forgot. Ian Callum had left the company by that point.
Unfortunately, not true. The facelift design work was carried out under Ian Callum's tenure. Even relatively small changes take a long time to go from concept into production.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

itsajaaaag

Post by itsajaaaag »

Good morning everyone!

Couple of questions:

1. Is there a difference in the exhaust/engine/induction/any noise between P450 and P575? Are all exhaust and engine parts the same between the two? If they are, logic would say that the noise level is the same as well but I'm not sure. They even weigh the same to the last kg. Has anyone been lucky to try/hear both?

2. How do you visually differentiate between RWD and AWD on the P450 model? On the old model the bonnet vents were lower and more apart in the AWD version but I'm not sure this is the case anymore. Cheers!
itsajaaaag

Post by itsajaaaag »

Good evening everyone. Can anyone shed a light on a mystery feature/option in TOPIx called a "remote"? I don't think it's a secure tracker as some cars have the "remote" feature but don't have the secure tracker feature. Cheers
scm

Post by scm »

itsajaaaag wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:12 pm Good evening everyone. Can anyone shed a light on a mystery feature/option in TOPIx called a "remote"? I don't think it's a secure tracker as some cars have the "remote" feature but don't have the secure tracker feature. Cheers
Could be the ability to remote start the car via the Jaguar Remote app? Secure Tracker and Remote Premium are separate subscriptions, and presumably require different hardware in the vehicle.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
kevc

Post by kevc »

itsajaaaag wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:50 am 2. How do you visually differentiate between RWD and AWD on the P450 model? On the old model the bonnet vents were lower and more apart in the AWD version but I'm not sure this is the case anymore. Cheers!
There's a little AWD badge under the model name.

Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
itsajaaaag

Post by itsajaaaag »

scm wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:32 pmCould be the ability to remote start the car via the Jaguar Remote app?
Thanks, it might be. So far I've checked 6 cars in Topix and 5 of them have this minor feature as Topix calls them.
kevc wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:08 pm There's a little AWD badge under the model name.
Seems like an easy one. Except this badge is optional and many owners decide to delete it when configuring the new car for some reason.

BTW, what is the consensus on an upgraded 770w Meridian system? Much better compared to the 380w system?
kevc

Post by kevc »

itsajaaaag wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:05 pm and many owners decide to delete it when configuring the new car for some reason.
I looked through all of the V8s on Autotrader to find a pic and only 2 were debadged out of nearly 30 so you're more likely to see the AWD badge than not.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

kevc wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:11 pm
itsajaaaag wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:05 pm and many owners decide to delete it when configuring the new car for some reason.
I looked through all of the V8s on Autotrader to find a pic and only 2 were debadged out of nearly 30 so you're more likely to see the AWD badge than not.
This might actually depend on the market though. I get the impression that you guys in the UK are much more fond of badges than elsewhere in the world and on the continental, especially German, market where the OP is looking there may well be more debadged cars.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
scm

Post by scm »

MajorTom wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:49 pm
kevc wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:11 pm
This might actually depend on the market though. I get the impression that you guys in the UK are much more fond of badges than elsewhere in the world and on the continental, especially German, market where the OP is looking there may well be more debadged cars.
No AWD badge on my MY18 and it wasn't debadged, it was never there.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
itsajaaaag

Post by itsajaaaag »

yup, from the four AWD cars I have my eyes on currently, two of them have no AWD badge.

It's really funny how there is no 100 % way of telling them apart.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post