Preparing the underside for winter

Anything F-Type related......
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Sometimes it's good to read posts carefully before things start to get "tense".
;)

The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

PhilB wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:50 am Sometimes it's good to read posts carefully before things start to get "tense".
;)
I think your comment here is rather uncalled for Phil....Unless your aim is to exacerbate tension.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

The Jagster wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:16 pm I think your comment here is rather uncalled for Phil....Unless your aim is to exacerbate tension.
Are you seriously suggesting my aim is to exacerbate tension?

As the moderator on here my intention is to prevent tension and your suggestion is quite uncalled for.
It's patently obvious that this thread started to de-rail simply because a post wasn't read properly.
If I read through a thread and another member posts "hang on members......before this kicks off" then obviously things have gone astray.
I think it quite pertinent to remind members of the need to read posts carefully to avoid misunderstandings so it doesn't happen again.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Phil....I'm not new to moderating tasks. I have been a moderator on a few forums over the past few years and I've have experienced all sorts of tricky characters during that time.
I have also during that time, come across moderators who over police their forums to very negative effect.

If you had taken the time to read through this particular thread, you would see that I have openly apologised to Myers immediately after I became aware of a suggestion from other forum members postings that my response to Myer's post was taken to be read as not the most relaxed and friendly as it could have been. I would have thought, to any reasonable human being, that would be enough, unless Myers felt the need to discuss the matter further with the moderators of this forum. I suspect that Myers has not done this, so I am not clear as to why you felt the need to wade in with your post.
If you care to notice, I have been an active member of this forum for a number of years. In my 1100 or so post during that time, I have tried to assist other forum members with anything that I felt I could do, thrown in with quite a bit of light hearted banter. I have made quite a few friends on here and have met them in the real world......All positive stuff.

Back to you Phil.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Perhaps it's time to lock this thread as it's going nowhere fast.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Aitch wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:51 pm Perhaps it's time to lock this thread as it's going nowhere fast.
Yes, I think you have a good point.
I guess if a gentle one line reminder can be interpreted as wading in and over-policing then I shall have to moderate my moderation.
:D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post