Vehicle Reg check please? OE66GEJ

Anything F-Type related......
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Hi all, I've put a holding deposit down on a 2016 F-Type R that has a custom numberplate but I did an RAC vehicle history check and it provided me with the original plate:

OE66GEJ

I've just seen some threads today about "O" plate cars being fleet cars and it's got me a bit worried now :o
V6S RWD Coupé (MY16)
Italian Racing Red w/Black Pack & Pano-roof
Loads of toys & goodies... but no heated seats :?:

Steveglenlee

Post by Steveglenlee »

I brought an MY17 "O" plate Type R back in January. Some of the service history was a bit patchy but I would never let that put me off buying a vehicle if it's mechanically sound. I would say, check the vehicle for all the well documented issues that these vehicles suffer from. Plenty of youtube videos explaining what to look out for.
I booked a 6 year service that covered changing of the plugs and paid extra for the rear diff oil change. A good warrenty is also advisable as some items can be expensive to replace without one.
MY17 F type R V8 AWD in Dark Sapphire
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Thanks for the reply Steve. It's a similar situation for me where the car has a slightly patchy service history, but it's fairly low mileage and the current owner has said that he'll have the 6 year service done before I collect it, so hopefully that will have me covered.
Steveglenlee wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:08 pm A good warrenty is also advisable as some items can be expensive to replace without one.
Out of interest, roughly how much would the warranty cost?
V6S RWD Coupé (MY16)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Car 45446
Red V8R from 30th Nov 2016. MY16 spec.

Interesting how the advert says full service history!
3rd service six months late and nothing recorded since 4th service in 2021. Ensure it has had a rear diff oil change and there is paperwork for the missing 5th and 6th services.

Doesn't show number of previous owners but I am presuming around 5 as it started with Paragon then Norwich, Cumbria, Surrey and Bolton.
Last two MOT's have warnings for front tyres so check them out.

Still registered on a private plate ending 1C

Car vertical sponsor the forum for 10% off, always recommend.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Many thanks simpleR. The current owner will be getting the 6 year service and front tyre replacement done before collection so hopefully those will be covered.

A bit concerned about it having 5 possible owners but from the pictures and videos I've seen, the car seems to be in a good shape so I'm hoping for the best.
V6S RWD Coupé (MY16)
scm

Post by scm »

NaCl wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:58 am Many thanks simpleR. The current owner will be getting the 6 year service and front tyre replacement done before collection so hopefully those will be covered.
I'd check what tyres are going to be fitted - you don't want some cheap ditchfinders on there just to complete the sale.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

scm wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:41 am I'd check what tyres are going to be fitted - you don't want some cheap ditchfinders on there just to complete the sale.
Yep, will do scm.
V6S RWD Coupé (MY16)
Steveglenlee

Post by Steveglenlee »

My 3 year warranty cost me an extra £1000 on top of the sale price. It`s an RAC policy might not be the best but it I have "claimed" and they sorted it.
MY17 F type R V8 AWD in Dark Sapphire

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post