Rikochet wrote:The whole article in screenshot format
I'm not a Times subscriber, so thank you
No problems.
2020 (MY21) F-Type R Coupe
British Racing Green

Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

Congrats all on your great choice of cars! :mrgreen:
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
Steveglenlee

Post by Steveglenlee »

He would say that about the V8, cos he wasn't allowed to buy one. 😂😂
MY17 F type R V8 AWD in Dark Sapphire
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Thanks for posting the rest. Great review. The man really gets what the F-Type is all about. Looking forward to see that Grand Tour episode.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
MArtyn Veg

Post by MArtyn Veg »

Good old Jeremy! He’s added some value to the FType used market for sure! 👍👏
MY21 First Edition 5.0 V8 P450 AWD Coupe, Eiger Grey Metallic
Previous MY18 R Dynamic 3.0 V6 Coupe, Santorini Black, 20” Carbon Blades
jonm

Post by jonm »

The times article probably has limited exposure, If he mentions how well built the car is on the grand tour that will reach billions of people and will make a difference.
My16 F-Type V6 340
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

jonm wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:23 am The times article probably has limited exposure, If he mentions how well built the car is on the grand tour that will reach billions of people and will make a difference.
Good point and I think that's exactly what he'll emphasize on the grand tour. I think that Clarkson but also Hammond and May must have made quite a difference to the perception of Jags over the past decade or so. Admittedly quite a few reliability jokes but overall so much love for the brand and the cars. One great example is that good old Top Gear review of the convertible V6 S. Brilliant stuff and probably the best F-Type marketing I've seen.
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
jonm

Post by jonm »

I'm remember watching that episode back in the day with the first clarkson f-type review, I remember thinking, you know what, sod it, i'm going to re-mortgage my house and buy one of those, but then he mentioned the ride was unberably harsh which put me off so I kept my house thankfully.
These days I have to drive that road everytime I visit scotland!
But it shows what an impact these shows have on people.
My16 F-Type V6 340
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Yes I think we've all been affected by that particular review. I was already into the brand and had an XFS back then but it convinced me that I one day should have an F-Type. :)

As a side note I never quite understood why British car journalists keep banging on about the ride of cars. Until I took my F-Type up to the UK and a fair few English roads. :shock: Down here ride quality is pretty much a non issue.
MArtyn Veg

Post by MArtyn Veg »

jonm wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:23 am The times article probably has limited exposure, If he mentions how well built the car is on the grand tour that will reach billions of people and will make a difference.
Yes, agree 👍👌 Come on Jeremy!
MY21 First Edition 5.0 V8 P450 AWD Coupe, Eiger Grey Metallic
Previous MY18 R Dynamic 3.0 V6 Coupe, Santorini Black, 20” Carbon Blades

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post