Jaguar MOT cover

Anything F-Type related......
S1jor

Post by S1jor »

Hi,

I bought a 2020 f type r, and got 2 years warranty, which includes MOT cover up to the value of £750,
Does anyone know what this is??
Is that a they will cover the MOT failure up to the value of £750??

It’s due its first MOT in December, normally I’d go to an Indie? Just wondered if anyone had used this and what it was

Simon

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Exactly that - cover should the car fail an MOT. You'll have to read the policy though for exactly what it covers. You can't turn up with a couple of bald tyres and expect a payout ;)
Had it on both my F Type and Evoque alongside the transferred over warranties.

I would just book the mot early enough that you are within both the car's and MOT warranty period for cover should it fail or have an advisory
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

It is exactly that. A free insurance for £750 towards MOT failures.

Read the T&C's. It does not include advisory issues or consumables such as tyres etc. I would love to know how many claims have been made on these MOT insurance policies as I doubt there have been many claims at all.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Also had it for 6 years with the warranty but never used it.
It does cover such items as the HID lamps, but when one of mine started flickering I took the opportunity to upgrade them to Osram Nightbreakers.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

simpleR wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:24 am It is exactly that. A free insurance for £750 towards MOT failures.

Read the T&C's. It does not include advisory issues or consumables such as tyres etc. I would love to know how many claims have been made on these MOT insurance policies as I doubt there have been many claims at all.
I should have been clearer re the advisories. The MOT policy won't cover them as you note, but depending on what the advisory is, the car warranty may well do so.
I doubt they pay out much at all and are a great sounding add on at the time of sale.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

If you keep on top of the maintenance you should never fail an MOT - failures are an indication of neglect.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

I have this as part of the additional "total care package" added to a 5 year service plan.
Explained the MOT insurance basically does not cover items such as tyres, pads & things.
My reasoning is that if the dealer does the correct maintenance to schedule there should not be an issue but if there is a component failure then its covered.
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post