Sold it.

Anything F-Type related......
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Sold the F Type today. 😞 I decided that it’s time for a change, so put it out for offers and decided to accept.

It’s been a marvellous car for 8 years. Almost completely reliable for 40,000 miles ( alarm issue) Been all over UK & Europe on great road trips.

I’m gutted to see it go, but I’m getting increasingly frustrated by the state of the roads in the UK. A lovely car like the F Type is increasingly difficult to drive around the pot holes.

The number of cars on the roads around here is rapidly increasing and there is no sign the current or a future government is going to do anything to improve our road network for the benefit of cars. It’s all about restricting cars and encouraging bicycles and walking.

So no plans to replace it. I’ll keep enjoying my classic Land Rover, which at least can handle the pot holes, and as a historic vehicle is exempt from all the new charges and clean air zones.

Happy F Typing everyone, and good bye.

2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.

scm

Post by scm »

:-(
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lutondave

Post by Lutondave »

At least you have known the fun and pride in owning an f type.
Never say never though you might move to somewhere where you can enjoy one again.
In this challenging world we all need a beautiful car to raise our spirit.
V6 S convertible 2013 black with silver trim and silver cyclones
V8 AWD convertible 2016 glacier white, black trim, black bonnet vents, black badges and black cyclones
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Finally went today. Collected by dealer who bought it via Motorway. Took a while for the dealer who bought it to collect it, but a very fancy race-box trailer arrived today, with another F Type on the transporter towing it (white 64 plate)

I have to be honest, when he started it up and gave it a good rev, it blew some grit into my eyes 👀 8 1/2 years is a long time to own a car and we’ve had some great trips in it. Sad to see it go.

To the next owner of DU64 YTT hopefully you will look after it as well as I did.

Farewell 👋
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post