Purchase check is it a Gpf car?

Anything F-Type related......
Kev

Post by Kev »

simpleR wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:53 pm
stefan9107 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:08 pm Okay I have to ask... how the hell did you find out this was a track car, let alone find a picture of it on the track?!
Google has some amazing features for finding specific resources and viewing source code to find information that typically is not found by a normal search.
Are you at liberty to spill the beans on how this is done? I’ve tried using the Google advanced search using the VRN and it did find the car at CarSnitch but nowhere else, reverse image searching with a photo of the VRN which didn’t reveal anything, looking through website source code and nothing was revealed either…
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)

NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Lutondave wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:17 pm Auto 100 who are in Nottinghamshire.
It came up Saturday and I thought it had great spec.

Little did I know it's past life
I was eyeing-up the red V6 S that they had up for sale a few weeks ago, but after reading reviews about Auto100, I decided to steer well clear of them.

Seems like they have a knack for selling pretty cars with a lot of hidden issues :shock:
V6S RWD Coupé (MY16)
Italian Racing Red w/Black Pack & Pano-roof
Loads of toys & goodies... but no heated seats :?:
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Kev wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:06 pm
simpleR wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:53 pm
stefan9107 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:08 pm Okay I have to ask... how the hell did you find out this was a track car, let alone find a picture of it on the track?!
Google has some amazing features for finding specific resources and viewing source code to find information that typically is not found by a normal search.
Are you at liberty to spill the beans on how this is done? I’ve tried using the Google advanced search using the VRN and it did find the car at CarSnitch but nowhere else, reverse image searching with a photo of the VRN which didn’t reveal anything, looking through website source code and nothing was revealed either…
https://support.google.com/websearch/an ... %3DDesktop

So for example put the reg into Google images with quotes IE "AB12 CDE" both with and without spaces.

To view data returned on a website but not displayed edit the URL and put view-source: in front of it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Lutondave

Post by Lutondave »

To be fair to auto 100 as they are on trust pilot you get both good and bad reviews.
I doubt that they would have been able to know the svr I was looking at had been used by jaguar for track work. They said it was a of from a man who bought a range rover from them.
It was thanks to simple R on here doing such amazing detective work.
I think it had had 3 owners so no doubt none of them would have been any the wiser either.
It's a minefield buying a performance car :o
V6 S convertible 2013 black with silver trim and silver cyclones
V8 AWD convertible 2016 glacier white, black trim, black bonnet vents, black badges and black cyclones

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post