Driver seat in emergency mode problem

Anything F-Type related......
Russc

Post by Russc »

Hi,

Been having a bit of a problem where the driver seat won`t come out of emergency mode and only moves a few CM`s each time. It`s a `17 SVR

So far i`ve swapped out the door cards to confirm it`s not the switches, it`s not, and swapped out the seat control module as well. The issue is still there. All controls work on the passenger seat.

Any further ideas?

The only next thing i could think of is swapping seats but the driver one is upright so didn`t want to come out. Don`t suppose there is a way of manually reclining the seat that anyone knows of?

Any ideas at all? Apart from anyone's good ideas it`s going to have to be booked in :(

Thanks in advance :)
Last edited by Russc on Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scm

Post by scm »

Anything come unplugged under the seat?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Difficult to pin down and no doubt awkward to get access to too.
Fuse, trapped / broken wire, earth.
Maybe worth paying for an hour’s technician interrogation - the seat, not you and the tech 😉
As a start you could do the old battery disconnect and see if it magically clears 🤞
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

i have a drivers seat for sale £100,

IMG_20230822_175629.jpg

collect from devon, full electrics and new metal work, have just changed out the leather

IMG_20230822_175540.jpg

Russc

Post by Russc »

scm wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:57 pm Anything come unplugged under the seat?
Sadly not, pulled all the plugs out and put them back in just in case. Could well be in the seat by the motor but can`t get to it at the moment.
Russc

Post by Russc »

Lunar wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:39 pm Difficult to pin down and no doubt awkward to get access to too.
Fuse, trapped / broken wire, earth.
Maybe worth paying for an hour’s technician interrogation - the seat, not you and the tech 😉
As a start you could do the old battery disconnect and see if it magically clears 🤞
I`m thinking it`s a wire somewhere. Fuses are ok .Would need to be in the loom from the door to the seat (which is a pig) or from the seat controller to the seat somewhere. Think the technician is going to be the way i need to go as i`m out of talent on this one.

I did disconnect the battery on the negative only and tried that one, do i need to disconnect it fully from both terminals and leave it for a bit?
Russc

Post by Russc »

gasgas wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:59 pm i have a drivers seat for sale £100, IMG_20230822_175629.jpgcollect from devon, full electrics and new metal work, have just changed out the leather
Sadly they are not the same seats as i have as otherwise i would have taken you up on that.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

And no, just disconnecting the negative from the battery would have been adequate.
To check, you would have had to reset the window switches (with the engine running) to activate the auto up/down function.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Kev

Post by Kev »

Have a read through the following as it may have stalled. Basically press and hold one of the buttons for over two seconds and it ‘may’ exit stall mode and move. A seat module would need configuring to the car with Pathfinder as yours is a MY17

STALL DETECTION

Seat, steering column and mirror motors are deemed to have stalled if there is no change in the inputs that are received from the corresponding feedback sensors for more than approximately 0.5 seconds (times differ slightly for each motor).
If a stall condition is detected then the drive to that axis is cancelled for the remainder of that memory operation (memory recall) or until the switch is re-selected (manual movement).
If the motor movement has stopped due to loss of sensor feedback, either stall or sensor failure, then that axis may be activated again, to move past the stall position, by re-selecting the appropriate switch and pressing for longer than 2 seconds. This allows control of the motor to be maintained if sensor feedback is lost.
Upon re-selection of movement, if sensor pulses are detected then the motor will continue to be driven until the switch is released or another stall condition is detected. If sensor feedback is not detected then the motor is only driven for 0.5 second and then stops until the switch is released and then pressed again, when a further 0.5 second of activation is permitted, and so on, this is known as inch mode.
For all seat motor manual movements, whenever a motor is driven and a stall occurs, the seat control module records the position at which the stall occurred. If movement occurs beyond a stall position, then that position is erased from the control modules memory. This will always allow movement past a previously recorded stall position once movement has been registered beyond that position. This is the case for both manual and memory movement.

INITIALISATION

When a replacement seat control module is fitted to a seat it should be calibrated using Jaguar approved diagnostic equipment so that the control module can learn the absolute position of the seat.

BATTERY MONITOR

If the battery voltage drops below 10.5 Volts, then the seat control module ignores all requests for a memory recall until the battery voltage has reached 11.5 Volts. This will conserve as much power in the vehicle battery as possible to enable engine cranking.

STAND-BY MODE

The seat control module supports a stand-by mode to keep power consumption to a minimum.
If the control module is being prevented from entering stand-by mode due to motor movement, memory recall or switch operation, then it will enter stand-by mode when the current function has terminated.
In the case of a memory recall, all memory recall operations should be carried out before entering stand-by mode, not just the current motor movement.
The control module will exit stand-by mode if there is any CAN bus activity.
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Think you will find the base frame and electrics are the same

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post