H239 V3

Anything F-Type related......
F-typo

Post by F-typo »

Had an interesting call from my supplying dealership this morning. I've had the car (V6S MY16) for almost a year, so they were contacting me in the hope of booking me in for service and MOT.

But they also mentioned that I was due a recall software update - H239 V3...

Unfortunately, my car has already had H239 applied as part of their sale prep process before I acquired it, so I'm intrigued as to whether this is just an admin error or whether V3 is actually a new update?

I wouldn't hold my breath for it to revert back to making more noise, but has anyone else got an idea if V3 is a thing?

Surely they can't be planning to make it even quieter? :shock:
V6S - MY16, RWD, Santorini Black, Pano roof, Meridian Surround

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

It is. I noticed mine (which has v1 applied so it forgets dynamic mode at each ignition cycle but not v2 which keeps flaps closed at low rpm) now also has v3 outstanding.

Screenshot_20230914-182048.png

Presuming another round of quieting things down!
Anyone got access to TopiX with a subscription to check?
Last edited by simpleR on Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Maybe they're hoping to re-class it as an electric car :?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Interesting. Mine's booked in for its annual service next week so I'll keep an eye on if I get this one. I mostly drive with the valves open so a forced valve closing in lower RPMs would be a bit rubbish and I hope that's not what this update does. I for one would actually like to get rid of the pops and cracks but that's probably too much to hope for.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
F-typo

Post by F-typo »

MajorTom wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:06 pm Interesting. Mine's booked in for its annual service next week so I'll keep an eye on if I get this one. I mostly drive with the valves open so a forced valve closing in lower RPMs would be a bit rubbish and I hope that's not what this update does. I for one would actually like to get rid of the pops and cracks but that's probably too much to hope for.
My service is due at the end of the month, but I'm intending to use an indie - so won't be getting this applied. However, I'd be interested to understand what it is supposed to do - the admin staff who rang me (understandably) didn't have a clue, but if you get chance to talk to a tech, please report back?
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

F-typo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:40 pm
MajorTom wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:06 pm Interesting. Mine's booked in for its annual service next week so I'll keep an eye on if I get this one. I mostly drive with the valves open so a forced valve closing in lower RPMs would be a bit rubbish and I hope that's not what this update does. I for one would actually like to get rid of the pops and cracks but that's probably too much to hope for.
My service is due at the end of the month, but I'm intending to use an indie - so won't be getting this applied. However, I'd be interested to understand what it is supposed to do - the admin staff who rang me (understandably) didn't have a clue, but if you get chance to talk to a tech, please report back?
Sure, will keep you posted if I find out. My OSH info doesn't say anything about any outstanding software update though, which I'd expect it to do since it displays other outstanding issues. Maybe it's a market specific thing.
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

So I got my car serviced at a dealer in Belgium yesterday, asked about this campaign and they didn't know anything about it. Maybe it's a market specific thing.
F-typo

Post by F-typo »

MajorTom wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:31 pm So I got my car serviced at a dealer in Belgium yesterday, asked about this campaign and they didn't know anything about it. Maybe it's a market specific thing.
Must be market specific as you suggest. Thanks for asking anyway and let's hope it doesn't make it to Belgium!

Someone else may know, but I'm not sure the uk has strictly enforced drive by noise regulations or changed any regulations associated with noise, so I'm not sure why there needs to be a v3 release of H239.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post