Drivers door speaker

Anything F-Type related......
Busa1400

Post by Busa1400 »

I have a meridian sound system in my car and the drivers door speaker is really distorted at anything above very low sound - any ideas ??

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I remember reading somewhere that some of the Meridian systems had originally had the amplifier programmed incorrectly, so that the speakers worked against each other. This had to be reprogrammed. However I can't find the details at the moment, maybe someone else can help with this?

Otherwise, first suggestion is pull the door card off & make sure the speaker is screwed in tightly. While you're in there, some extra Dynamat or other similar sound deadening material is a worthwhile addition. ZedRunner has a speaker upgrade video on YouTube which is very informative
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Leonzed29

Post by Leonzed29 »

Did you end up upgrading your door speakers ?
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I did and it made a big improvement over standard. You might want to read through the following topic, viewtopic.php?t=3036

I fitted the titanium tweeters, kevlar coned mids & kevlar coned woofers in the doors. I managed to source the tweeters & mids via Ebay but, after a long, fruitless wait for woofers to appear, bought new ones from Britcar. I put sound deadening mat on the inside of the doors and on the back of the door panels. If you're mechanically competent, it's easy to do.

I'm very happy with the results and don't really feel the need to go the next step, a more expensive Audison amp etc.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
ChrisPhoenixAZ

Post by ChrisPhoenixAZ »

@Busa1400 I wouldn’t spend a lot of effort trying to fix it. If it used to sound fine but now it doesn’t- just replace the speaker. They are cheap paper cone speakers, and they break. I would just remove the door card (don’t set it down, lay it down flat or you will break the two plastic tabs on the bottom) and replace the door speakers. If you replace with the same model it’s cheap on eBay, but I would recommend replacing both door speakers with the Kevlar versions that they put in range rovers. They are plug and play and screw right in.
Sound deadening on F-types is a game changer.
2017 F-Type Premium Coupe
Caldera Red & Black trim / Daily Driver w/ 83k miles
I purchased it new in 2016 and am interested in learning more about it, and sharing what I’ve learned.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post