Windscreen elements failed?

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You may want to clearly mention it as a safety hazard - if you were unfortunate to have an incident after they have refused to replace a clearly defective screen the insurance company / you may site them as being ultimately to blame.

…may focus their action.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

My faulty heating elements in the new screen weren't actually as bad as that, but admittedly I'm a perfectionist and as far as I'm concerned if its not right I want it fixed! Good luck with the warranty claim. That would definitely help.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
davidls

Post by davidls »

Lunar wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:32 am You may want to clearly mention it as a safety hazard - if you were unfortunate to have an incident after they have refused to replace a clearly defective screen the insurance company / you may site them as being ultimately to blame.

…may focus their action.
I would strongly suspect that as the driver of a car that crashed/caused an accident because the screen was not clear you would be prosecuted by the police rather than JLR being responsible. It’s the drivers duty to ensure that the screen is clear and not blocked before you drive off. I’m not saying they shouldn’t replace it under warranty, but it wouldn’t be their fault if an accident occurred and your vision was obscured because you didn’t wait for it to clear or clear it yourself before setting off.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Indeed, good point - ignore me!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post