H239

Anything F-Type related......
Philb280

Post by Philb280 »

Just booked my car in for service and MOT.

"just to let you know Mr that your car has an outstanding update, would you like me to get that sorted for you ?"

"oh right, is that the H239 ? I'll decline thanks"

"No problem but i do need to make you aware you could be pulled over by the police for excessive noise :o :o :o "

" its ok I'll leave it thanks "

Not had that before - anyone else had a similar warning.

MY Focus RS makes much more of a racket and not had an issue in 7 years

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Surely that’s bull - you can’t be fined for having a car as it left the factory.
Inconsiderate use of same, maybe…
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Lunar wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:35 pm Surely that’s bull - you can’t be fined for having a car as it left the factory.
Inconsiderate use of same, maybe…
That would be an interesting one. To your point it would likely be inappropriate use that resulted in excess noise and a police report. Telling an officer it's stock wouldn't get much traction as what is heard in the moment would be the basis of the report, so if referred and ended up in court then you'd likely end up losing as JLR had addressed the issue and you'd refused.

However, It does seem to me to be scare tactic by an ill trained service adviser or one following the written procedure from JLR, rather than something to worry about.
No intention of allowing anyone near my glorious early model exhaust system, even if it does raise eyebrows starting up on a petrol forecourt with folks standing around filling up :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

There is a new V3 update out.
As discussed here - viewtopic.php?t=7478&sid=c283a2bb7277a3 ... 2f0d51e1dd

This is an outstanding campaign from Jaguar (and not a recall) relating to drive by noise requirements.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post