Turbo upgrade

Anything F-Type related......
Gert

Post by Gert »

Hi you all i have an f type p300. Was wondering does anybody know what type of turbo it has?

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

From the original media Blurb...

The manifold is carefully matched to a twin-scroll turbocharger. The design prevents exhaust gas pulsation interference, ensuring that the turbine wheel responds far more quickly: boost pressure is delivered near-instantaneously, making turbo lag almost non-existent, providing the responsiveness so familiar to the F-TYPE driving experience.

To ensure the best possible launch performance and transient response while still enabling the engine to develop its high peak power output, the turbocharger features ceramic ball bearings. These deliver the lowest possible bearing friction, especially from cold starts.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Gert

Post by Gert »

Thanks for the info. But actually i was looking for the brand and parts number
Gert

Post by Gert »

To clarify myself: would like to upgrade the turbo for more poooower, to quote jeremy clarkson. Anybody got any experience with this?
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Gert wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:08 pm To clarify myself: would like to upgrade the turbo for more poooower, to quote jeremy clarkson. Anybody got any experience with this?
Maybe you've already done this, but is a remap not possible?
I think a stage 1 can get you an extra 30hp or so and a stage 2 maybe 40 or 50. Rough guesses as I'm not sure how tunable the P300 is but thats the usual first avenue before a full turbo replacement.

Anyway... not sure if it's exactly the right one so research at your own risk... but a quick look on ebay for P300 F Type turbo's shows a BorgWarner H4P3-6K682-6C (their own part number is 18489700015) . Whether or not that is definitely right I don't know.
Your best bet would be the get hold of either Jag parts and ask them for the number or an indie parts distributor. Both will be able to take your VIN and find the exact one from your car.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

why not get the V6 or 8, no upgrade needed
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It’s already running 150 bhp per litre. How stressed do you want to make a smallish 4 cylinder engine?
As above swap to the V6 with 380, better delivery and ability to go way more into the 400’s
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Gert

Post by Gert »

It s a financial matter. Upgrading to a v6 costs way more (belgian taxes + purchase price).

Will the transmission take it? Or is that the same as in the v6?
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Gert wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:29 am It s a financial matter. Upgrading to a v6 costs way more (belgian taxes + purchase price).

Will the transmission take it? Or is that the same as in the v6?
Ok - makes more sense with that constraint
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
jonm

Post by jonm »

I was speaking to someone from belgium on one of my road trips and remember him saying the road tax on a 3 litre is prohibitively expensive so not a relistic option over there.

The gearbox will be no issue, it's a very strong unit, I would be more worried about the engine, I've heard they can be quite fragile. How true that is? It's quite a new and untested unit. But as has been said before, 300bhp from a 2 litre, it's already quite stressed.
My16 F-Type V6 340

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post