New Buyer - Excited but help needed please

Anything F-Type related......
cpq100

Post by cpq100 »

I would recommend buying one with a backup camera. Backing these cars up without one can be a challenge.

Steveyballa22

Post by Steveyballa22 »

Morning everybody. Really nice sunny day here today in the south west this Sunday morning. Wishing more than ever I had the f type of my dreams to jump into to get me out on the road (instead scrolling AT in bed!)

Considering a viewing/test drive of this example this coming week. 2014 earlier MY than would would preferred but spec looks good.

Any initial views welcomed please (and any experience with this dealer). Thanks as always :)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 0062720631

Cheers
Steve
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Steve,

Just had a quick look. I’m sure SimpleR will give you further information.

Looks a nice car. On 20k miles it’s practically only just been run in & therefore should be in sparkling condition. Take a good torch & mirror when you go to view. Underneath an F-Type can reveal far more than shiny top side. Check underneath at all angles & areas.

Your car comes with the sought after Active Sports Exhaust. Make sure this is working correctly. This car is similar spec to mine, I know the sounds to listen for, if faulty! Also check rear diff. Stretch under, from rear & look for any sign of oil. Although at 9 years old that issue should have been resolved. Check condition of rear braces too.

Personally, be extra cautious with high street car dealer. The warranty will not be as comprehensive as the Jaguar Used Approved program. Ask why car is there, where it came from etc. How do they know it was garaged/undercover? All relevant questions when the sales blurb specifically states.

My car is similar age/spec to yours. It’s now on 30k miles & it’s been a pleasure to own. Had exhaust valves seize so replaced rear box; , Rear diff seal leak & rear braces replaced (for aesthetic reasons) in 7 years. Aside those issues, it’s been flawless. Get a good one & you will never regret.

Good luck & post your findings/questions up here.

Best Wishes,

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Steveyballa22 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:34 am Considering a viewing/test drive of this example this coming week. 2014 earlier MY than would would preferred but spec looks good.
Any initial views welcomed please (and any experience with this dealer). Thanks as always :)
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 0062720631

£30,995 with 20k miles
340PS in White, MY15 spec, car 20458
2 previous owners
VRN & VIN will send on a PM to you
Last sold 26th September, clear on PNC.
MOT history looks good.
Started life in Ascot, privately owned for the first 3 years before moving to Essex area in August 2017. Full Jaguar Service History.
NOTE: This cars next service should include changing the front accessory drive belt and supercharger drive belt. This is circ £1,000 (at a dealer) on top of a normal service and is due December 2023.

That dealer has another one as well.
£27,995 with 46k miles
340PS in White, MY15 spec, car 19899
3 previous owners
VRN & VIN will send on a PM to you
Last sold on 4th October, clear on PNC, and was on a private plate.
MOT History shows multiple warnings for worn tyres, failures for worn suspension parts and currently has front brake pads wearing thin.
Started life in Chichester, maybe as a demostrator for 3 months before being ran in Isle of Man for 3 years. It then returned to Hertfordshire until 2020 which was the last time Jaguar saw it. Missing last 3 years of service information online.
NOTE: This cars next service should include changing the front accessory drive belt and supercharger drive belt. This is due by February 2024.

There are 34 white coupe 2013-15 F-types currently for sale in the £19-35K bracket which goes from higher mileage to V8R 550PS examples.
These two seem quite pricey by several £1000's but maybe they are pristine examples.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Looks very nice. As they write in the ad, seems to be very well optioned up for a base car.

Make sure you're ok with the (few) weaknesses of these early cars like the sticky buttons. On one of the pictures one button does look sticky.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

cpq100 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:41 am I would recommend buying one with a backup camera. Backing these cars up without one can be a challenge.
Second this, big rear for sure!
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
Steveyballa22

Post by Steveyballa22 »

Evening all :)

I hope you have had a good day. Really pleased to say I got behind the wheel for the first time today (2017 V6 R-Dynamic RWD 340).

Loved every second and importantly the wife did too !

The sell is via a broker (not a dealer) which is new to me. Other than the spec the low (<15k) miles and 1 previous owner + FJSH provides a some peace of mind. There is some finance outstanding and the broker (seems reputable) informed me that I would spend payment direct to his customer to then clear the balance. Not ideal but I'm confident all would be done appropriately.

Any tips or considerations in buying this car that you can think of. I checked the bits and pieces called out in my earlier post and all seemed good (as would expect for these miles and age)

There were some brown/black spots on the exhaust tips (I assume would wipe off), appeared to be condensation (small amount at bottom of headlights but it was somewhat cold out) and the red paintwork had some 'smears' but again with a proper clean/detail I think would come up well. Anything I should be thoughtful about you can think of before I buy? Again it's a minefield out there and making a decision isn't easy !!

Regards
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Is this it? If so it looks good and the MOT history and mileage is sound. Would run a check through car vertical or similar.

IMG_1492.jpeg

MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
Steveglenlee

Post by Steveglenlee »

Reversing camera!!!! Isn't that what the wife's for!!!
MY17 F type R V8 AWD in Dark Sapphire

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post