Opinion - Are miles an issue?

Anything F-Type related......
CM1237

Post by CM1237 »

All,

What would your opinions on this car be? .. .Miles seem high but lovely motor etc..

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... rs&fromsra

Cheers

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I don’t consider just over 8k miles per year to be high - the car appears to have been serviced to schedule and looked after well.

No real sign of bolster wear nor passenger seat marks from the baby seat mentioned in the mot history.

One fail for low headlight adjustment - easy adjustment (not the best lights so adjust to high end and fit some Osram Nightbreaker bulbs) and a mention on tyre wear - they do that.

Well spec’d car, with surround hifi, dual climate and heated front screen, only missing heated seats and steering wheel - not a big deal in a coupe.

Only elephant in the room appears to be the lack of a panorama roof, which seems to be a major desirable for folks buying a coupe - not an issue with a vert 😉

Looks nice and definitely worth a test drive.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
ZeusHavok

Post by ZeusHavok »

I have nearly 98k on mine and It has no issues at all. Where others have had less than half the miles and ran into several issues. I think it depends on the car and making sure it's kept to the service schedule and to a high standard. I also believe that using a car keeps it right, a car that sits for long periods without use generally have more issues.
MY2017 F-Type S AWD Coupe - Firesand Orange / Optioned out to heck and back.
CM1237

Post by CM1237 »

Thank you all :)
jonm

Post by jonm »

I think there is a huge difference between a car thats done 100k miles driving around the city streets of london and a car thats done 100k miles crusing the motorways and autoroutes of europe. Obviously the former has had a hard life and the later will have done virtually no work.
You can usually tell the diffenece, the city life car will look worn out and nackered inside, and outside wheels scuffs, dents, scrathes, etc. The motorway car will look like new except loads of stonechips.
My16 F-Type V6 340
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

Looks good to me and as mentioned, if you average the mileage out it's pretty good!
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

much better than a garage queen.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

much better than a garage queen.
Steveglenlee

Post by Steveglenlee »

Firstly, Ask yourself " am I ok with the milage the car has done".
Believe me, very low milage is more of an issue on an eight year old car.
Secondly, what the service history. Not a deal breaker in my opinion but each to their own.
Everyone on here is really helpful but asking for opinions is like a box of chocolates(heard that somewhere before), all have different views on things. Go with your gut, get a decent warrenty and enjoy. Nobody will hold it against you.
MY17 F type R V8 AWD in Dark Sapphire
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

gasgas wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:56 pm much better than a garage queen.
Why would this car be ‘better’ than a garage queen?
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post