My F Type electronic parking brake out of calibration alarm comes up intermittently and the driver side brake sticks on

Anything F-Type related......
Rich

Post by Rich »

My F Type electronic parking brake out of calibration alarm comes up intermittently and the driver side brake sticks on after having new rear brake pads fitted. The alarm cleared when they plugged into OBD but that resulted in battery going completely flat. I recharged the battery and now the fault with the brake happens again. Any ideas?

scm

Post by scm »

Can't help with the brake, but the flat battery is a result of disconnecting the OBD device improperly. The telltale is that the light in the hazard switch doesn't go out after about 15 minutes of locking the car. To "fix" this a battery reset is necessary - disconnect one of the battery leads for a few minutes to allow all modules to power down, and then reconnect. Don't shut the boot while the battery is disconnected!

And welcome to the forum, sorry your arrival had to herald bad news. If you give us a rough idea of your location maybe a member here can recommend a decent place to get it looked at.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Hello, thanks for the advice and the welcome, I am based near Hull. I have used Hatfields Jaguar in the past but they have gone so expensive now and take forever to find faults which doesn't help
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If you have had new pads fitted and now have an issue with said pads then a return trip to whoever fitted them would be recommended.

And as posted, an incorrectly ended diagnostics session will drain the battery. Which is a worry if the garage that fitted pads and caused an issue also doesn't know how the diagnostics work.

But Hi and welcome and post back with a resolution.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Definitely sounds like whoever fitted the brake pads hasn't done it correctly. As mentioned above, take it back to them.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Rich

Post by Rich »

thanks everyone, I shall be taking it back to the garage

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views