Heated/Cooled seats option

Anything F-Type related......
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Lunar wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:57 pm I may be wrong (it has been known) but I don’t think the cooling function was ever an option with the original Performance seats - ditto with the Sports seats if you had the suede inserts.
This. The cooling feature was introduced with the new performance seats that came with the MY18 facelift.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Does anybody think the cooled seats option actually does much ?

I've always wondered if mine is malfunctioniong as it it's effect is very limited...just stops you sticking to the seat in shorts on a warm day, never really feels cold ?

In other words it doesn't mkae the seats as cold as warm seats make it warm.
scm

Post by scm »

Duvetday wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:25 pm Does anybody think the cooled seats option actually does much ?
MIne does! I find it especially noticeable on my back.

In my previous XKR in the depths of winter I was driving to work and had the heaters on max. They got a bit hot so I went to turn them off - in the XKR that was done by tapping the touchscreen (bad idea!) so I had to tap the control three tmes to turn them off. Unfortunately I hit a bump in the road and inadvertently tapped it 4 times, which set the cooling in operation. I didn't notice what I'd done until my thighs started freezing! I'm glad the F-Type has physical controls for such things - touchscreens are a bad idea in a car.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post