Inchcape Derby Under Water

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Latest news update.
Interesting situation re the iPace battery too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-67866072
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Moss

Post by Moss »

I noticed that article, too.
Shocking reputational damage IMHO.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I'd not seen this update, but the point on the battery very interesting.
I can only assume that if they start to differentiate between how different customer cars were affected by he flood, between storage, working on, in the workshop, carpark awaiting parts or work, etc. then they open the floodgates to more claims. If I were in that situation I'd go straight in with a small claim for any residual loss. I think it would be pretty hard to get a 'judge'/registrar to agree in the dealers favour on that one.

Looks like they plan to just brave it out and hide behind insurers and now a management company, but to Moss's point what reputational damage.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Indeed - they don’t have a legal leg to stand on re the battery, especially if they’ve replied like that in writing.

In the construction industry title (and staged payment) only passes to the customer once the item is fully fixed into place, and I see no difference here. The more incredible thing is that this was a JLR warranty claim so in no way should the cost suddenly be passed to the customer - shocking!

And that’s besides the fact that a complete failed battery pack in a relatively new car is in itself appalling - let’s save the planet! 🙄
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:01 pm And that’s besides the fact that a complete failed battery pack in a relatively new car is in itself appalling - let’s save the planet! 🙄
Yeah, massive lithium batteries are not the way to go. Not that the planet needs saving -it existed long before man arrived and will go on until it's swallowed by the sun!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Indeed - a lot of this save the planet stuff is really save the human race and what it's costing us in flooding, cliff erosion, etc.

The planet will carry on cycling through hot arid and ice age periods long after the "intelligent" species has gone

The quicker we mess things up the sooner the animals can adapt and get on with things without our "help".

....might just have gone slightly off topic there - but I did mention flooding! :D
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Lunar wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:40 pm Indeed - a lot of this save the planet stuff is really save the human race and what it's costing us in flooding, cliff erosion, etc.

The planet will carry on cycling through hot arid and ice age periods long after the "intelligent" species has gone

The quicker we mess things up the sooner the animals can adapt and get on with things without our "help".

....might just have gone slightly off topic there - but I did mention flooding! :D
I guess I wasn't the only one who thought Covid thinning the herd wasn't necessarily a bad thing...

I've been saying all along that building more houses is one way to solve the housing crisis, but another way would be to reduce demand... :twisted:
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
munchie

Post by munchie »

You’d be worried if you handed your car into Derby and it was raining now. I sure that they won’t have built any flood defences and it will no doubt happen again.
Moss

Post by Moss »

It’s a funny old world we live in.

You never see a church building flooded, as the masons who built them a thousand years ago had a hunch that some land would flood and some would stay dry. So, they picked the high spots and hills to build their churches. The notion that being on a hill was nearer to God was a happy coincidence for the converted.
On the low land, they used it for transient stuff, like cattle markets and similar.

Also, more or less confirms the Angles and the Saxons knew all about floods way back then?
They had probably never heard of El Nina, either, except they knew that some years were pretty wet and warm.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Moss wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:04 pm It’s a funny old world we live in.

You never see a church building flooded, as the masons who built them a thousand years ago had a hunch that some land would flood and some would stay dry. So, they picked the high spots and hills to build their churches. The notion that being on a hill was nearer to God was a happy coincidence for the converted.
On the low land, they used it for transient stuff, like cattle markets and similar.

Also, more or less confirms the Angles and the Saxons knew all about floods way back then?
They had probably never heard of El Nina, either, except they knew that some years were pretty wet and warm.
Nice thought but not really true, that old churches don’t flood. Whilst many churches are on hills, many are not and a quick google shows many recently flooded including my wife’s former 14th century village church, flooded from the Derwent.
I do fully agree that building on flood planes over the last 50 years is not proving sensible and all the up stream flood barriers and defences just send the water faster to the next town..

In the case of Inchcape they knowingly built on land fully expected to flood and on a regular basis. That was crazy..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post