Inchcape Derby Under Water

Anything F-Type related......
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

mickjaguar wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:12 pm
Kev wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:08 pm I take it you've seen Tesco's at Bognor Regis and the caravan park next door where they're both somewhat under water...?
Friend of ours has a cleaner that lives on that caravan park. Their mobile home remained dry but they were initially marooned and had no way of getting out due to the waist deep water.

They phoned the kids school and we're told it would have to be put down as unauthorised absence! 😯 Don't think the underwater solar farm at Felpham isn't generating much electricity at the moment either! They could use it for oyster beds I suppose 😁
:lol: You mean to say they don't work underwater?! It's almost as if the construction companies don't know what they are doing...
:idea: Maybe building some more houses around Yapton and Barnham will solve it!
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire

Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

stefan9107 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:44 am I just assumed with the Luton Airport one everyone's insurance would be claiming from the insurer of the car that caught fire...
Imagine being the insurer of that car. Worst case you think your client might hit a Ferrari or something... nope, burned down a whole car park with 1400 cars in it :lol:
Is there ever a time we should feel sorry for insurers? I'm struggling :| .
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Eclipse83 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:51 pm
stefan9107 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:44 am I just assumed with the Luton Airport one everyone's insurance would be claiming from the insurer of the car that caught fire...
Imagine being the insurer of that car. Worst case you think your client might hit a Ferrari or something... nope, burned down a whole car park with 1400 cars in it :lol:
Is there ever a time we should feel sorry for insurers? I'm struggling :| .
I didn't say I felt sorry for them ;) ... however *cough* I might actually work for an insurance company *cough*... just not one that does car insurance! Quickly throw that in there before anyone starts throwing mouldy old fruit and veg :lol:
Kev

Post by Kev »

stefan9107 wrote:Quickly throw that in there before anyone starts throwing mouldy old fruit and veg :lol:
I normally leave the fruit and veg in the tins before throwing them
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

:lol:
Kev wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:12 pm
stefan9107 wrote:Quickly throw that in there before anyone starts throwing mouldy old fruit and veg :lol:
I normally leave the fruit and veg in the tins before throwing them
scm

Post by scm »

Having just paid my renewal I can only dream of having mouldy old fruit and veg to throw .... :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

If anyone's been affected by this Inchcape flood, Geoffbuyscars is apparently trying to connect people. This link may be of interest:
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

A bit dragged out video, but very naughty situation around building the showroom, where there was a high risk level of flooding to a depth of 2m.. Seems some potentially culpable entities involved..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Seems a few people struggling with insurance following the flood.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... ars/293043
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

simpleR wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:09 am Seems a few people struggling with insurance following the flood.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... ars/293043
I saw that article and not good. This week's moves it forward a bit with a BBC local radio station intervention. Will soon go viral

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... hip/293423

This would be a worrying comment if my car were there:
‘They told me on Friday that there is a legal dispute between the dealership and the insurance company, and this will take between one to five years to settle. This is an absolute joke and I am contacting an insurance litigator so that I can start an action against them.’

I cannot believe JLR would allow this situation to persist to the clear detriment of the brand and dealer networks reputation
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post