Inchcape Derby Under Water

Anything F-Type related......
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

Sedgwick International UK [a third party working with Inchcape] have told me that Inchcape are not accepting any liability for the customers cars that were in their care at the time they were flooded, regardless of how long they had been there or why,’ he told Car Dealer.
What the actual F......
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Take a look at this interesting video. Absolutely shocking the number of vehicles destroyed here.

MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I guess we can look forward to some “bargains” from Copart shortly.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

I wonder how this is going to pan out, but it's really not a good look for Jaguar and InchCape is it.
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Solicitors sniffing around it now for potential negligence.

https://www.nelsonslaw.co.uk/jaguar-lan ... -flooding/
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

simpleR wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:40 am Solicitors sniffing around it now for potential negligence.

https://www.nelsonslaw.co.uk/jaguar-lan ... -flooding/
I'd engage one if I was being messed around like it seems many are.
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

What a terrible post to read, especially for the customers whose cars are affected.
As many have said, i always thought that a car in a dealership was covered by their insurance - i will be asking that question in the future.

I have an old classic which went into an oldtimers garage for an engine rebuild [took 18+months!!] & the docs were "left" with them.
I needed the V5 back during the rebuild and the garage was very clear that while i had the V5 then insurance was down to me. Returning the V5 a day later transferred insurance liability back to them. Perhaps its a classic car thing?.

That being said i watched the video of the 'audit' person [and some of his other ones] and am now completely confused - are there really people who really spend their time going around & doing this to commercial companies/sites and private individuals??. How sad.

PS i remember the sussex floods affecting a LR place in Lewes early 2000's, after initially getting waterlogged they struck an agreement with a local land owner to use his field on higher ground.
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

It’s interesting that the environmental agency strongly advised against the development in 2018 as they stated “A once in 100 year flood event” could put them under 2 metres of water, Well it just took 5 years and wasn’t 2 metres but more than enough to destroy the cars on site there. So who’s to blame? Just my opinion it’s Derby Council, the Developer and Inchcape themselves. Not JLR and certainly not the customers who’ve lost their cars.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/b ... ar-1922072
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

DavidP wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:40 pm

That being said i watched the video of the 'audit' person [and some of his other ones] and am now completely confused - are there really people who really spend their time going around & doing this to commercial companies/sites and private individuals??. How sad.

Sadly yes. I used to work at a pharmaceutical manufacturer and remember some tool doing the same thing to our security. He just stood there taking pictures of the security gate and site through the railing, desperately waiting and hoping he would be challenged.
He then had an argument with the security guard and posted it on youtube.

Pretty pathetic existence.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

Sadly yes. I used to work at a pharmaceutical manufacturer and remember some tool doing the same thing to our security. He just stood there taking pictures of the security gate and site through the railing, desperately waiting and hoping he would be challenged.
He then had an argument with the security guard and posted it on youtube.

Pretty pathetic existence.

Stefan, Yessssss Pathetic indeed and watching them they are there for confrontation, half of them have difficulty in stringing a cohesive sentence together & the other half act as "lower-deck lawyers". They even consider it their "job". Well if that's the case then remove the benefits & allowances, cancel the job seekers travel card and HMRC should look deeply into any U-Tube revenue earned and tax them accordingly. Also they should be billed for wasting police & authorities time.

The CAA ought to redesignate the weights from 250g to 100g.

I've recently moved back from 25+years in Belgium where the privacy laws are strict concerning filming [CCTV&drone etc] - meaning your land only, no public roads, no commercial sites and certainly not individuals.

I suppose it could be a thread in its own right. Sorry for the adding....... grrrrrrrgh
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post