Inchcape Derby Under Water

Anything F-Type related......
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

I have the F-type booked in for a service next Tuesday at Inchcape Derby, but possibly not now as it's under water! :o

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... try/291708

Awaiting a call from their servicing dept. ref options, but the place is closed at present. Not ideal.
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Quite a few lost cars there as well.
Their old place is just up the road and that has flooded previously as well.
Perhaps lucky yours wasn't there!!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

I'm hoping the water will have buggered off before next Tuesday, but we'll see!

I wonder what happens if you had your car there and it was sat under water for several days......
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

See the F-Type convertible there in the photo looks to be in deep, could be a reflection but still not good. Certainly wouldn’t want to be there over the next few weeks, imagine they will need all hands on the clean up.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

Derby service dept. called to confirm my booking is cancelled - with new dates in first couple of weeks of January! That's either a large back log or a lot of tidy up work that needs doing :o .

I've rebooked with Inchcape Chester, but will mean 1yr 1 week for the service stamp, which I'm a little annoyed about, but I guess that can't be helped.
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

Mine was serviced there last week, phew!
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

My local dealer and had services on previous JLR cars there recently.
A real shame, but trapped on a slither of land between the A52 and the River Derwent, with only the old railway sidings in between, only ever a matter of time for it to happen

What you can't see from the photos is the 300+ parking and storage spaces to the sides and rear of the showroom. You can be sure that many if not most those cars will be written off as once the water gets in through floor pan or over the sills then remedial work is huge. Most to the left of the showroom are up to their headlights :(
Batteries on the iPace. Carpets, seats, doorcards and 48 hours of condensation, not to mention the low level ECU's, diffs., etc. etc.

I can't see them trading out of there for a month or so.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
munchie

Post by munchie »

One of the videos I saw of this dealership was taken by a guy in a canoe going past!
JekVI

Post by JekVI »

munchie wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:14 pm One of the videos I saw of this dealership was taken by a guy in a canoe going past!
Yeah this was on the Facebook F-Type groups - the white SVR they have/had for sale was over half submerged! :cry: Reckon that would be a write off, or could it be salvageable because its not salt water damage...? Either way not good for that dealer and sad to potentially lose any car let alone a rare model like an SVR...
Ultra Blue MY19 SVR (but without particulate filters :twisted: )
Steveglenlee

Post by Steveglenlee »

I'll take it off their hands for the right price
MY17 F type R V8 AWD in Dark Sapphire

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post