Extending navigation pro & remote?, costs?

Anything F-Type related......
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Morning guys,
I’ve looked through the forum and around jaguars website to try and find the cost of renewing these after the initial 3 years have expired. Is the alternative ( Google maps) just as good option?
Comments welcomed 👍🏻
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

With my partner in the car with me, on her phone with Google Maps, she sometimes sees traffic congestion and better alternative routes where my Jag nav would plow on the original route regardless. I also find Google maps easier to set and follow. That's my opinion. But I do like to use built-in nav, so I'll stay as I am, it works.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The InControl remote renewal was £57.50 for 2 years back in 2022 and map updates £129 for 3 years. Ubigi SIM is £58 for 12 months.

Prices were the same last time I looked.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Thanks Mick, that’s most helpful. It’s something to consider as the cat is three next spring 👍🏻
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
Nobbyk

Post by Nobbyk »

A '3' pre paid Sim is only £30 odd quid and should last you 2 years or more! Just insert, plug and play!
2020 P250 SE

Life is what you make it, so make it better!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Jaguandy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:20 am With my partner in the car with me, on her phone with Google Maps, she sometimes sees traffic congestion and better alternative routes where my Jag nav would plow on the original route regardless. I also find Google maps easier to set and follow. That's my opinion. But I do like to use built-in nav, so I'll stay as I am, it works.
+1 for this..
Having used JLR's offering for several years on both the F Type and later generation on a RR Evoque I agree that the convenience of the built in is good, but the best information and easiest guidance is on Google.
I persisted with a sim to keep the JLR nav on the Evoque as it's so cheap and for most journeys convenience wins the day, but any major road issue ahead and my wife would always save the day and reroute us with Google.

FWIW having swapped the daily to a BMW iX3 I've found their navigation is streets ahead of JLR and has the same level of real time data, traffic and route guidance as Google and in some cases better :o
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JekVI

Post by JekVI »

As the OP has a MY21 why not just use Apple CarPlay / Android Auto so Google Maps (or Waze if that's your preference) is on the centre screen?

I personally could not live without this as built in sat navs at best don't have as good traffic; at worst are dangerously out of date with their actual maps!

From the remote side of things I'd absolutely pay for this as I love the app - I renewed for 12 months back in March and that was £36 for remote only (I don't remember seeing an option to renew for longer but may have missed it)
Ultra Blue MY19 SVR (but without particulate filters :twisted: )

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post