Goodbye Meridian, helloooow Audison!!!

Anything F-Type related......
TrueBlueSVR

Post by TrueBlueSVR »

Frustrated with the audio quality in my 2019 SVR I decided on a complete revamp. Installed two new Audison Forza class D amplifiers (one the latest DSP just released) powering eleven new Hertz Legend ML speakers all round with dedicated wiring. Also fitted is a JL Audio Monoblock amp running a 10" Legend sub in the boot to provide over 2500 watts in total with still room for golf clubs. Most importantly OEM amp gone and replaced with Digital Ethernet Decoder (not a Mobridge as they won't say when theirs is ready). Maybe the first currently installed in a f type unless anyone knows otherwise.

If you have M.O.S.T protocol (fibre optic ring) in your car instead of the most recent ethernet then you can use an Audison Bit DMI instead of the Digital Ethernet Decoder. Either one goes between the head unit and the DSP. Without these you leave the OEM amp in place and use the speaker outputs from the amp as your low level inputs to your new DSP amp. Still a nice sound but elimination of the OEM amp brightens things up albeit naturally a little loss in volume due to the elimination of that amp. But not much though as it's insanely loud :-). Even 14 channels of DSP wasn't enough after I'd bridged channels for more woofer power so had to go passive at the rears with the installation of Focal cross overs in the empty place left by the OEM amp. Doesn't matter there as it's only infill music and I'm fully active upfront and the bass from the door woofers is insane. Didn't really need a sub but I had that in my previous f type so fitted it. The DSP is tuned for driver dedicated listening on one setting and surround sound on the other. All switched over at the DRC which fits perfectly where the cigarette lighter was and is programmed also for sub woofer volume.

Not bad for a self build install and this is only my second. Helps to be an engineer and pretty handy with the fabrication etc.
Catch more info at new instagram page.....TrueBlueSVR.

Amps behind alcantara beauty panel.jpg

alcantara covered beauty panel.jpg

Amp mount wirth DED.jpg

Tweeters.jpg

Front woofers.jpg

Cross overs in place.jpg

Custom rear woofer enclosures with re-modelled mid housing.jpg

Rears.jpg

Subwoofer.jpg

DRC.PNG

Last edited by TrueBlueSVR on Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY2020 F Type SVR in SVO palette Velocity Blue and carbon ceramics
Full audio replacement with Audison Forza & Hertz Legend
OEM P7 grille
Custom growler
KW HAS Kit
Flat bottom steering wheel
Custom side vents
Instagram: TrueBlueSVR

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

That all sounds mighty impressive, but you lost me at radio Caroline 😂

Will head over to Insta to check it out 🙂

Edit:

I’d have been a bit nervous about the carbon discs when doing the front struts 😬

Body coloured charge cooler makes the under bonnet look so much better though - it’s a bit of a disappointment in its initial impression when you lift the nice clamshell bonnet.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
TrueBlueSVR

Post by TrueBlueSVR »

Not really a problem for my lad who fitted the HAS Kits as he's certified Koenigsegg mechanic so usually working on £3.5 mill cars on average. Looks like you and I are close as I'm in Fleet.
MY2020 F Type SVR in SVO palette Velocity Blue and carbon ceramics
Full audio replacement with Audison Forza & Hertz Legend
OEM P7 grille
Custom growler
KW HAS Kit
Flat bottom steering wheel
Custom side vents
Instagram: TrueBlueSVR
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Ah yes, I’ll keep an eye out for you.

The colour and P7 grille should make it an easy spot 😎

There are a few local meets at Blackbushe Airport - Mustang, Porsche, classic, etc. - that are a good excuse for a coffee, breakfast roll and chat.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post