Value dropped by 21% since June ?

Anything F-Type related......
HaloJones

Post by HaloJones »

FWIW, I sold mine in August via Motorway for 5K more than WBAC was offering. Still lost a lot compared to what I'd paid a year earlier but WBAC is not a good guide to what your car is worth.

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Agree, WBAC often the lowest as everything goes through BCA and the prices are electronically linked to current auction sale prices. Unfortunately the trade are also following this but usually beat WBAC especially if they have specific interest for certain models. Just now not a good time to sell.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

MikeM wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:05 am Agree, WBAC often the lowest as everything goes through BCA and the prices are electronically linked to current auction sale prices. Unfortunately the trade are also following this but usually beat WBAC especially if they have specific interest for certain models. Just now not a good time to sell.
Not all WBAC purchases go to Auction. Constellation Automotive Group also owns Cinch. CAG itself is owned by TDR Capital, who also own Vertu, another 180 plus retailers inc. the likes of Bristol Street Motors. Follow the web and you’ll see WBAC is a cog in a very large PE backed automotive end to end group.
Once purchased cars go to a network of dealers in group, then other dealers and what’s left auction.
They are perfectly placed to feel the pulse of end sales, prices, to networks stock, cash flow, etc. and adjust prices offered. Their model is pretty neat, just losing a lot of money (cinch and BCA) so prices go down.
Of course anyone doing legwork will likely get a better price themselves, but not always.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

MikeM wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:05 amJust now not a good time to sell.
It's never a good time to sell an F-type. Unless you're insane. :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
davidls

Post by davidls »

🤣🤣🤣
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
davidls

Post by davidls »

scm wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:30 am
MikeM wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:05 amJust now not a good time to sell.
🤣🤣🤣
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

He's not wrong is he :D .
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Only good time to sell one is if you're moving to a better F Type.
'Better' is subjective of course, but for an SVR I could justify selling my V6S
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:14 pm Only good time to sell one is if you're moving to a better F Type.
'Better' is subjective of course, but for an SVR I could justify selling my V6S
Can't argue with that logic! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

To what extent do you think the current massive drop in prices is seasonal ?....I might sell my convertible in the spring...do you think any hope of a rebound by then ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post