Value dropped by 21% since June ?

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:33 am Yeah, you have to feel for the directors...

"The highest-paid director earned £1.2m for the year – down 71% on the previous year’s £4.1m."
They should learn the difference between "earned" and "was paid". :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

simpleR wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:41 am The drop of prices from webuyanycar and other subsidiaries is due to losses and lack of funds.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... ops/292531
I can't say anyone should be surprised by this right? It was obvious car prices would fall back to a level of normality eventually and WBAC seemed to be paying retail for them at one point.
I bought a new C43 right before the pandemic hit and sold it to WBAC a year and a half later for the same as what I bought it. I then found it for sale a month or so later at the same price WBAC gave me...

Granted not all examples are like that, but they were definitely paying higher prices along with the rest of the market. Someone was always going to be caught holding the bag when prices did eventually drop, and it seemed inevitable that the UK's biggest car trader would be at the top of that list.
They should of stuck to what they were good at... preying on the desperate.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
mitch2.0

Post by mitch2.0 »

Cars at the dealers seem to still be the same price they were months ago, im looking for a car so see the same ones all the time. No price drops at all. Are you talking about private sales ?
scm

Post by scm »

mitch2.0 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:52 am Cars at the dealers seem to still be the same price they were months ago, im looking for a car so see the same ones all the time. No price drops at all. Are you talking about private sales ?
He's talking about buying prices, not selling prices. The market will eventually sort itself out when cars sit unsold in dealers' showrooms.
mitch2.0

Post by mitch2.0 »

scm wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:02 am
mitch2.0 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:52 am Cars at the dealers seem to still be the same price they were months ago, im looking for a car so see the same ones all the time. No price drops at all. Are you talking about private sales ?
He's talking about buying prices, not selling prices. The market will eventually sort itself out when cars sit unsold in dealers' showrooms.
Yes realised that after i had posted sorry.
scm

Post by scm »

No need to apologise, we're all (mostly!) human here. :lol:
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Stealers seem to still be trying their luck still. I was at my local indie garage and they offered me just over £30k for mine... and had the cheek to do it with a near identical car sat right behind him as he is talking for sale at £42,000...
The only difference between their car and mine was the paint, spoiler and the fact theirs was 1 year newer. Otherwise the condition, mileage and spec was the same. I'd say they are taking the piss with that size profit margin if that's the level of markup they are expecting.

He claimed that everyone, themselves included, just go off of WBAC/BCA prices and sweeten the pot slightly by £1-200 to get it over them.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Lost another 5k (another 20%) according to WBAC since I started this thread !
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Duvetday wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:14 pm Lost another 5k (another 20%) according to WBAC since I started this thread !
Just a Tip…. Stop looking at it 😳
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

They might be 'right-sizing' (I think they called it)...but at this rate they risk losing all credibility.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post