Value dropped by 21% since June ?

Anything F-Type related......
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

If I was upgrading my house right now I'd be happy to try selling at a lower price just to get the sale as I'd hope to offset that, plus more, on the gain on the upgraded house when the market recovers.

Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Anybody think the drop in values might be partly related to the gov recently extending the date by which new combustion engine cars can be sold ?

I had told myself that the FType might be good to hold with less supply coming to market in the years to come, and now that deadline has been put back.

Or is this ridiculous government dithering irrelevant given the manufacturers will already be on a trajectory to wind down ICE to the original deadline ?
scm

Post by scm »

Duvetday wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:50 pm Anybody think the drop in values might be partly related to the gov recently extending the date by which new combustion engine cars can be sold ?

I had told myself that the FType might be good to hold with less supply coming to market in the years to come, and now that deadline has been put back.
Jaguar has already committed to an all electric lineup from 2025 so F-Types won't be built for much longer, if they're still available to order now (I did see a post saying the online configrator no longer supports new F-Type builds).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I reckon that the deadline to do away with ICE vehicles will be extended again. The generation capacity and infrastructure just isn't there to support so many EV's, never mind the dubious logic that they're more environmentally friendly.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

NavigatorNI wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:27 pm I reckon that the deadline to do away with ICE vehicles will be extended again. The generation capacity and infrastructure just isn't there to support so many EV's, never mind the dubious logic that they're more environmentally friendly.
I actually think the opposite in the short term. I think when Labour come to power in the next election (which feels like a forgone conclusion at this point), they will bring it back to 2030 to appease the environmentalists. I suspect it will even be a pledge in their manifesto.
I think think as we approach the deadline the "o shit" moment will then hit and it will get pushed back to 2035 a second time - although by then most manufacturers will have just gone ahead and done it anyway.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Duvetday wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:46 pm If I was upgrading my house right now I'd be happy to try selling at a lower price just to get the sale as I'd hope to offset that, plus more, on the gain on the upgraded house when the market recovers.
Why do you think it's listed at 10% below the valuation/comparable house sale. Listed is also the optimal word there... as there is obviously room to continue to negotiate down from the asking price. I'm more than happy to take a reduced price for a quicker sale, especially given that we have found the place we want to buy already. Just isn't happening at the moment for whatever reason and I don't think it's price related. There just aren't a lot of buyers out there full stop.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
johnnymiller1000

Post by johnnymiller1000 »

Duvetday wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:46 pm If I was upgrading my house right now I'd be happy to try selling at a lower price just to get the sale as I'd hope to offset that, plus more, on the gain on the upgraded house when the market recovers.
Agree, but even that failed for me. I'd already dropped my property 20% over 6 months and accepted 2 offers that fell through during that process, first one the buyer had their mortgage offer pulled, and the second one lost their buyer and decided to exit the market. The last listing was less than the price I bought it for in 2017, and had 4 viewings over 6 weeks, none of which went anywhere. I know a mortgage guy who works for Nationwide who said that the only part of the market still busy in our area is first time buyers upto about £300k. Above that it's really slow and prices are down a lot and taking a long time to complete with lots of last minute offer reductions (believe gazundering is the term). Really frustrating as the house I want to buy has been for sale the whole time, still is, and is a cracking price and even selling mine low I'd end up with a smaller mortgage than if prices were still buoyant. But if I cant get a sale to complete on mine for approaching sensible money then I guess I just have to sit tight like everyone else seems to be doing.

I suspect this is probably similar with my cars. I've no burning need to sell my F-Type & Tesla and consolidate down to 1 car, I'd like to, but it's not an "at any cost" type of decision. Dealerships seem to be bidding low but still trying to sell at inflated prices. I expect they might use the cover of winter to soften their prices a bit and get a little more in-line with reality in the new year. I'm not expecting prices to recover to last years prices on what mine is worth, but I think the trade will have to lower their expectations of what folk are prepared to pay. Mine was coming back at £50k on WBAC in August, and now its £30.5k, its only done 1k miles in that time, yet the sticker prices in the market haven't shifted anything like the same degree as the bid prices for sale/px making the cost to change insane for even the same car, same age/mileage/condition, hence doing nothing is probably the sensible play right now.

I'm not sure what I think about the 2030 ICE ruling delay impacting prices, theres arguments both ways isn't there. I do think people might be nervous about buying a run of the mill 4 pot ICE car near the deadline, but I don't think it will apply to cars bought by enthusiasts. a V8 will always have an appeal to the enthusiast right up until the day you can't buy fuel for it anymore lol
scm

Post by scm »

johnnymiller1000 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:36 am I'm not sure what I think about the 2030 ICE ruling delay impacting prices, theres arguments both ways isn't there. I do think people might be nervous about buying a run of the mill 4 pot ICE car near the deadline ....
It might be boom time for people who really don't see electric as the future - I think there'll be ICEVs on the road for many years after the ban on selling new. I intend to keep my F-Type forever! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The drop of prices from webuyanycar and other subsidiaries is due to losses and lack of funds.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... ops/292531
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yeah, you have to feel for the directors...

"The highest-paid director earned £1.2m for the year – down 71% on the previous year’s £4.1m."
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post