Insurance

Anything F-Type related......
mitch2.0

Post by mitch2.0 »

Can not understand the huge difference with Saga and the rest.

I have looked at all of the conditions etc

insurance  .png

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Don’t overthink it just take it. There are lots of examples such as this where one insurer stands out from the rest with a considerably lower price. When insured mine this month it was Tesco that came out as the lowest, whereas other cars that we have they didn’t figure. SAGA did come up with my wife’s car but she was bitterly disappointed and refused to accept it because 🙄 and I quote “How dare they, I’m not yet old enough” 😂😂
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
mitch2.0

Post by mitch2.0 »

Well i was reading all of the Insurance moaning posts so thought i would do a check.

I have not bought yet (Cash Waiting ) but was a bit worried so thought i would check before i buy. Cant find the right car yet.

But it all seems to have gone up, my M3 last year was £380 fully everything
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

I can confirm, all car insurances have risen significantly this year. If you’re unlucky enough to live in the wrong area (based on insurers view) or maybe have a BEV, read some staggering increases being quoted. With our cars found 30% uplift the norm. Did get caught out with the F-Type though, as got a quote 30 days in advance but when it came to buying only had 7 days beforehand to insure before pick up and that cost me another £120. Seems to be a common time based ploy.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
ianp

Post by ianp »

I renewed with Tesco at £649 rather than Privilege at £1099. See my earlier thread in May. However, as you haven't bought yet this is a bit academic.
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
Deleted User 3656

Post by Deleted User 3656 »

Just had my insurance renewal from quote me happy was a bit concerned with the price increases on the forum went up £5.00 p/a I do take a large excess £750 but only now have 2 years ncd inc uk Breakdown £292.00 7000miles p/a to add european breakdown a extra £50.00 Car is a 3lt basic in cornwall
A nice early christmas present
Moss

Post by Moss »

Insurance is an odd game, but legal evil.
Saga seemed to lose the plot about a decade ago, going from competitive to incompetent in the space of eighteen months. This seemed to be around the time they floated the business and moved their target audience. They remained uncompetitive for many years IMO.
Saga now seem to be smelling the coffee but, as has been remarked, all premiums have risen considerably over the recent past.
Lots of factors affect premiums, including time to renewal, etc., etc..
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
M2Nel

Post by M2Nel »

I am with SAGa Paid £ 660 last year and just Renewd for £680 this year , i was expecting a bigger increase than that so well happy
Ftype R AWD

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post