I'm in search of recommendations for my Jaguar F V6 2013

Anything F-Type related......
CoreyKent

Post by CoreyKent »

Salutations, everyone! I find myself in pursuit of some valuable counsel. My vehicle's transmission has recently adopted a peculiar hesitance when it comes to engaging top gear. It indulges in an excessive bout of over-revving before ultimately, and somewhat reluctantly, embracing top gear. I'm beginning to sense that the day when "Top Gear" is nothing more than a television show is drawing near, especially with the whispers of its imminent conclusion.

I'm currently contemplating the necessity of a transmission repair or perhaps a complete replacement, but I must confess, I'm apprehensive about the potential expenses, particularly if the task were to be entrusted to the confines of a Jaguar service center.

Have any of you ventured into alternative avenues? I remain steadfast in my preference for authentic components but would greatly appreciate any wisdom on economizing the labor costs.

I currently reside in Leatherhead, United Kingdom. Could any of you kindly steer me towards a reputable mechanic in Leatherhead, UK, who specializes in this particular domain? This is a substantial investment, and I am reluctant to make an arbitrary choice without the solace of a dependable referral.

At the moment, I am contemplating the services of the following establishments:

ASR Gearbox Repairs in Leatherhead (https://asrgearboxrepairs.co.uk/location/leatherhead/)
Hardy Engineering Transmissions Ltd
KMK Automotive
Your insights and recommendations would be most appreciated!

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

what milage, when was the oil last changed?
jonm

Post by jonm »

A 2013 car is due a transmission oil change, has this been carried out and that caused the problem? or has this not been done yet?
My16 F-Type V6 340
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

jonm wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:32 pm A 2013 car is due a transmission oil change, has this been carried out and that caused the problem? or has this not been done yet?
+1
If not already done, I'd try a transmission oil & filter change (not flush) first. I've just had this done and sourced the genuine ZF oil service kit from European Gearbox Parts via ebay. Their service was fantastic. I ordered the kit one lunchtime & it arrived with me before 10.30am the next day. My local Jag independent did the work, obviously much more cheaply than a JLR dealership.

I remember watching a Wheeler Dealers episode about a Porsche with a similar automatic transmission issue and a simple transmission oil & filter change fixed it.

PS. Welcome to the forum.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes, all of the above.

Give Tom Lenthall a call and speak to Adam.

https://www.tomlenthall.co.uk/

I’ve used them for a number of years and am always impressed. It’s worth a bit of a trip to get things done properly and without main dealer labour costs. They can also handle warranty work.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post