Shocking fuel consumption

Anything F-Type related......
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

SCM, i have got to agree, i am well impressed by the mpg returns that i am getting.
Admitted most of my journeys are long, mainly through europe and i have seen returns of 30-40mpg at 70+. These are averages, so slow around the Brussels & Luxembourg ring but flowing roads between.
Even the short hops over to visit my daughters in Antwerp sees returns 30mpg+.
I still have a classic RR 3.5efi vogue which im luck to see 10-12 from [4.2 one is slightly better!]🤔
so well pleased with the jag, certainly overall on a long run👍
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG

Dan450

Post by Dan450 »

Pleased to hear, I didn’t buy for mpg, but good to know if I want a long run it is not shock 😉
V8 P450 R Dynamic Eigur Grey 2020.
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

Just checked my last decent run

1h 10m

Sheffield > Lutterworth

73.1 miles

34.6 mpg
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

I'm intrigued to know what my V6 will do in that scenario. So far, I've been driving it like I stole it around Yorkshire's hills and bendy roads and fuel consumption has been a solid 21 mpg.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
scm

Post by scm »

WShudds wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:47 pm I'm intrigued to know what my V6 will do in that scenario. So far, I've been driving it like I stole it around Yorkshire's hills and bendy roads and fuel consumption has been a solid 21 mpg.
If you've been driving it like you stole it and only got it down to 21mpg, you're a very restrained thief! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

scm wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:59 pm
WShudds wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:47 pm I'm intrigued to know what my V6 will do in that scenario. So far, I've been driving it like I stole it around Yorkshire's hills and bendy roads and fuel consumption has been a solid 21 mpg.
If you've been driving it like you stole it and only got it down to 21mpg, you're a very restrained thief! :lol:
An eco-friendly one! 😂
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Have you taken it along the A169 Pickering to Whitby, past Fylingdales?
Was up there a while back for a few days - my god that’s a great open bend road!

IMG_2188.jpeg

…and yes, you need to try harder 😉

At the other end I’ve slipstreamed an hgv for about 100 miles on cruise (so before the spoiler deploys) and twice slowly edged to a decimal point over 50mpg!
Bloody mind numbingly boring and won’t be doing it again in a hurry but amazing all the same. What else comes close for the equivalent smiles per gallon ability?!

IMG_3234.jpeg

Last edited by Lunar on Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

Lunar wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:59 pm Have you taken it along the A169 Pickering to Whitby, past Fylingdales?
Was up there a while back for a few days - my god that’s a great open bend road!

IMG_2188.jpeg

…and yes, you need to try harder 😉

At the other end I’ve slipstreamed an hgv for about 100 miles on cruise (so before the spoiler deploys) and twice slowly edged to a decimal point over 50mpg!
Bloody mind numbingly boring and won’t be doing it again in a hurry but amazing all the same. What else comes close for the equivalent smiles per gallon ability?!

I'll be sure to add that to the list! I mostly cover the West and South Yorkshire area so between traffic, the elements and speed cameras, I get as much fun as possible and the car doesn't let you down.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Used to live in Burley in Wharfedale, so know the roads around there well 👍
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Happycat

Post by Happycat »

Well don’t what I’m doing wrong, I have a p300 coupe and I struggle to 30 mpg! To and from work the best I get is 26 mpg 8mile journey, may as well have a V8🙄
2019 P300 Carpathian grey fully loaded

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post