F-Type model range query

Anything F-Type related......
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

scm wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:33 am
stefan9107 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:50 pm I also forgot there is a less obvious facelift that occured around 2018 to keep an eye out for.
It's quite obvious for the front air intakes - the original had a vertical piece in the middle which was changed to horizontal at MY18 (see mine).
Okay... let me try again...

I also forgot, there is a less obvious (to people who haven't done any research yet) facelift that occured around 2018 to keep an eye out for.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire

scm

Post by scm »

JekVI wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:37 pm The infotainment got it's significant upgrade in MY19 which starts on an 18 plate (this added OTA updates plus Apple CarPlay / Android Auto and feels much more modern with it's much larger screen and no physical buttons) - this is another thing to bear in mind that when reading the forum as almost everyone refers to Model Years NOT calendar years (Jag starts their MY in spring the previous year hence MY19 starting in Spring 2018)
That upgrade took place in MY18 and you'll find some MY18 cars with the older 8" screen with physical buttons down each (not either ;)) side, and later ones with the 10" screen and no physical buttons. The software upgrade was initially offered to all MY18s with a subsequent followup "upgrade" to remove it from the 8" screen versions. My MY18 (built March 2017) has the 8" screen and has received OTA updates, though that might be due to having had a replacement TCU fitted in mid 2018.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

stefan9107 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:00 pm
scm wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:33 am
stefan9107 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:50 pm I also forgot there is a less obvious facelift that occured around 2018 to keep an eye out for.
It's quite obvious for the front air intakes - the original had a vertical piece in the middle which was changed to horizontal at MY18 (see mine).
Okay... let me try again...

I also forgot, there is a less obvious (to people who haven't done any research yet) facelift that occured around 2018 to keep an eye out for.
I'd also say that first facelift actually was the most significant facelift during the F-Type's lifespan. The second one was more obvious visually with the updated front and tweaked rear end but otherwise IRRC basically only added the digital dash, optional matrix tech for the headlights and quilted stitching in more cars than before. The MY18 facelift introduced quite a few more things, which remained unchanged also after the 2nd facelift, like the new magnesium based performance seats, updated connected infotainment and more safety tech. Plus other improvements that came not directly with the facelift but close before or after, like the updated non-sticky interior plastics and revised coolant system parts.

I'll admit I'm a bit biased but that said I think the F-Type peaked in many ways around MY19 and didn't change much in terms of quality or features after that.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

scm wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:10 pm
JekVI wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:37 pm The infotainment got it's significant upgrade in MY19 which starts on an 18 plate (this added OTA updates plus Apple CarPlay / Android Auto and feels much more modern with it's much larger screen and no physical buttons) - this is another thing to bear in mind that when reading the forum as almost everyone refers to Model Years NOT calendar years (Jag starts their MY in spring the previous year hence MY19 starting in Spring 2018)
That upgrade took place in MY18 and you'll find some MY18 cars with the older 8" screen with physical buttons down each (not either ;)) side, and later ones with the 10" screen and no physical buttons. The software upgrade was initially offered to all MY18s with a subsequent followup "upgrade" to remove it from the 8" screen versions. My MY18 (built March 2017) has the 8" screen and has received OTA updates, though that might be due to having had a replacement TCU fitted in mid 2018.
Yep, mine's also MY18 although a late one, possibly what could be considered as MY18.5, and has the 8" screen, no newer TCU AFAIK and working SOTA. Not that the over the air feature matters now though as I'd be very surprised if there will be any more software update.
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I believe the only difference between MY18 and MY18.5 is that MY18.5 came with lane departure warning as standard.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Kev

Post by Kev »

I'm glad this thread has cleared up all the nuances between models... :lol:
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

simpleR wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:03 pm I believe the only difference between MY18 and MY18.5 is that MY18.5 came with lane departure warning as standard.
Ok, mine has it but as part of the driver assistance pack Z79B so maybe not 18.5 then.
Mr Spanky

Post by Mr Spanky »

Kev wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:09 pm I'm glad this thread has cleared up all the nuances between models... :lol:
What have I started here? :lol:
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Kev wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:09 pm I'm glad this thread has cleared up all the nuances between models... :lol:
:) Anyways I think a prospective buyer at least needs to be aware of that the two main shifts during the car's production were the MY18 facelift and the later facelift with the completely different front and bonnet.

And now let's move on to engine options... :lol:
scm

Post by scm »

MajorTom wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:22 pm And now let's move on to engine options... :lol:
Only 7 different ones that I could count:

Early V8s (cars labelled "S") were slightly sub 500 bhp with later "R"s being 550PS, plus the SVR at 575PS.
V6s were 340PS, 380PS and 400pS in the limited edition 400 model.
Latest facelifts run at sub 500bhp and 575PS (the SVR engine).

What have I missed?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post