Service history vs miles

Anything F-Type related......
tomosap

Post by tomosap »

For my £0.02 worth, think of it this way - the reason the lower mileage car has the partial history is probably because the owner thought they didn't have to service it as often because they were barely driving it.

The car with the higher miles that was serviced every year was probably owned by someone who really loved that car, and despite the minor difference in mileage, loved it enough to spend what it cost to maintain it properly despite putting granny-miles on it.

These are serious cars, and serious owners understand what goes into keeping them at their best.

Kev

Post by Kev »

Buy the one with the specification you want. Low mileage isn’t always a good thing as things start to seize or perish, or has it spent its life being driven around town never getting up to temperature?
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Toss a coin. If, when the coin lands, you say to yourself, "I wish it had landed the other way up", you'll know what you really want 😉.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Tel

Post by Tel »

Jonypro wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:19 am Hi,

What are peoples views on service history vs miles

Debating over a couple of f type one has really low miles but part service history and the other has 12k more on the clock but same price with full service history

Which would affect value more on resale?

Thanks

Jonny
What is "really low miles"? Needs quantifying with a model year.

I currently run/own seven vehicles (and that number changes regularly). When purchasing or selling,100% Service history with low mileage is the best combination generally.
That, combined with condition on top and underneath gives you some measure of care, not to mention Number of owners, trade, private etc etc.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩