Remote start feature

Anything F-Type related......
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

mono-uk wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:33 pm It will, but it's one of those features that you think is the coolest thing in the world when you first do it and think its awesome - then you never use it again :)
I use mine every day. I have a 2 minute walk to the car from work (private secure car park before anyone brings up the legalities) I start the car when I go out the door and when I get there it's done it's high idle stuff and cleared the windscreen meaning I can get in and drive off. It's brilliant.
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.

Delpel

Post by Delpel »

Don't bother asking your dealer to deregister your car from the previous owners account. Mine wanted £95 for the privilege. I messaged Jaguar direct and they did it for free.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Ditto that, 5 mins with online chat, upload a copy of invoice/v5 and driving licence and it was sorted.
Firenza red P450 black convertible 20" black tornados

Previously Stratus Grey V6S Convertible 20" Cyclones
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:21 pm
scm wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:53 pm
mono-uk wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:33 pm It will, but it's one of those features that you think is the coolest thing in the world when you first do it and think its awesome - then you never use it again :)
I use it very frequently - it's very nice to get into a warm car with the engine pretty much up to temperature. So not the coolest thing in the world for me, but the warmest! :lol:

Actually, I tend to mainly use it when I'm doing a short journey, or when it's very cold outside. For longer journeys, I warm up with the car.
Same here - with my former Evoque. Used it whenever it was iced up to at least give it a head start before I got in and ended up with ice on the outside and freezing breath condensation inside of the screen.
I'll probably use it even more on the iX3 so the battery is conditioned and car ready whilst still connected to the grid.
Haven't tried it on the F Type as it's a weekend car but it's been a god send on my iX3.
There is no sweeter feeling than getting into a pre-warmed car on a cold morning - especially with the heated steering wheel.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Laf02 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:51 am Does anyone know if my 2016 F-Type V6S is likely to have remote start using the incontrol app?
Yes, it will have. I don't use it often but in winter, when the windows are frozen closed, it's the only practical way to get into the car.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

Delpel wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:13 pm Don't bother asking your dealer to deregister your car from the previous owners account. Mine wanted £95 for the privilege. I messaged Jaguar direct and they did it for free.
Jaguar direct were unable to deregister mine, seemed to have a problem contacting the car - but Jaguar dealer in Bolton did it for free!
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver
Delpel

Post by Delpel »

Don't want to hijack this thread but !!!
Got my app installed and subscription paid. Can unlock/lock and flash/beep but can not remote start. Try's but keeps saying there's an error.

Any thoughts?
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Just checking - I assume you've got the automatic, not manual, gearbox as I don't think the app will start a manual in case you've left in in gear.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
munchie

Post by munchie »

Is the car in power saving mode, I inadvertently left the car unlocked a day and couldn’t do remote start due to this mode.
scm

Post by scm »

You can't do remote start if more than 4 days have elapsed since using the car - it goes into a "deep sleep" mode. To get round this there's a wake-up setting in the app where you can specify a date and time for the car to wake up and respond to remote requests. Other reasons for it not to start is if any of the prereqs are not fullfilled - check your handbook for details.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post