Remote start feature

Anything F-Type related......
Laf02

Post by Laf02 »

Does anyone know if my 2016 F-Type V6S is likely to have remote start using the incontrol app?
MY16 380 V6 S Coupe

scm

Post by scm »

If you have the car and the app have you tried it? Assuming you have an InControl subscription, of course.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Laf02

Post by Laf02 »

I cant test it because the previous owner of the car has not de-registered their incontrol account for the car. I will ask the dealer to do it for me when I take the car in for its service in a couple of weeks.
MY16 380 V6 S Coupe
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

It will, but it's one of those features that you think is the coolest thing in the world when you first do it and think its awesome - then you never use it again :)
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
scm

Post by scm »

mono-uk wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:33 pm It will, but it's one of those features that you think is the coolest thing in the world when you first do it and think its awesome - then you never use it again :)
I use it very frequently - it's very nice to get into a warm car with the engine pretty much up to temperature. So not the coolest thing in the world for me, but the warmest! :lol:

Actually, I tend to mainly use it when I'm doing a short journey, or when it's very cold outside. For longer journeys, I warm up with the car.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scm wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:53 pm
mono-uk wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:33 pm It will, but it's one of those features that you think is the coolest thing in the world when you first do it and think its awesome - then you never use it again :)
I use it very frequently - it's very nice to get into a warm car with the engine pretty much up to temperature. So not the coolest thing in the world for me, but the warmest! :lol:

Actually, I tend to mainly use it when I'm doing a short journey, or when it's very cold outside. For longer journeys, I warm up with the car.
Same here - with my former Evoque. Used it whenever it was iced up to at least give it a head start before I got in and ended up with ice on the outside and freezing breath condensation inside of the screen.
I'll probably use it even more on the iX3 so the battery is conditioned and car ready whilst still connected to the grid.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

The times I think i would really like that - is always the time the app tells me the car is too asleep to wake up.....
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

I swapped my Previous F type for one with this feature. I live in an area where we get hard frosts and it was a nightmare to get the doors open early morning. It has been a life saver.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.
scm

Post by scm »

mono-uk wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:07 pm

The times I think i would really like that - is always the time the app tells me the car is too asleep to wake up.....
Yeah, you have to remember to set a wake-up time (within 48 hours!) - another really useful feature of the app. ;)
jonm

Post by jonm »

It's a brilliant feature, when I was in Italy this summer, 38c outside, set the air con when on way back to car and steping into a Freezing cold car was so nice.
My16 F-Type V6 340

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post