JLR parts back log

Anything F-Type related......
atca

Post by atca »

I've been thinking about purchasing a 2018MY / 2019MY 380 - not yet taken the plunge quite yet, wanted to see where their electric plans were going. I am seeing lots of news about JLR being an absolute nightmare re: getting parts at the moment with backlog not likely to clear until late next year. Does that apply mostly to LR (which is what most of the articles focus on) - or is it an issue for Jaguar as well?

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

See the attached link
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7609
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
atca

Post by atca »

ta
scm

Post by scm »

I've had an MY18 since mid 2018 and the only parts I've needed (some years ago) have been diff seals and a cargo cover. Reports of Jaguar unreliability have been greatly exaggerated, so I'd say you'd have to be pretty unlucky to find an unreliable one. Just keep on top of the maintenance and treat it sympathetically and you should be fine.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

My MY16 with 50,000 miles and full servicing has had a replacement diff and a wheel bearing. Both just got noisy. Two slightly bent wheels being fixed this week to smooth out motorway cruising. So things do happen but I'm still impressed with these cars.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
KHatman

Post by KHatman »

My F-Pace has been at a DLG repair centre for over a month after a relatively minor rear end smash from another car. Keeps getting put back a week a day before it’s due to be returned because of parts issues. Not sure of the actual specifics but going to phone them today as starting to get pissed off with it all now despite putting loads of miles on the courtesy car instead on the F-Pace
2019 F-Pace 2.0D Manual, Corris Grey and very little else
2016 F-Type V6 Base, Corris Grey and very little else
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

no better or worse than anything in todays market, go get it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post