Waiting Game

Anything F-Type related......
mitch2.0

Post by mitch2.0 »

Well money is sat there in the bank burning a hole.

Searched Auto trader this morning as per usual and when i filter to what i want there is only 2 cars.

One is stupid price the other has half leather seats 9Never seen that before)

So the waiting continues......

It will be a garage queen and only come out in the summer so not to worried as long as i can find one before say April.

On a seperate note if you are a Autotrader trawler get the autotrader price checker extension for your browser, its awesome

kevc

Post by kevc »

Rather than trawling you can get it to email you when a car fits your search criteria by saving a search setup.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
mitch2.0

Post by mitch2.0 »

kevc wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:06 pm Rather than trawling you can get it to email you when a car fits your search criteria by saving a search setup.
I have, thanks.

Nothing was coming through so thought it was broken :D
Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

Took me 9 month to find mine, did all the usual auto trader, pistonheads etc.
Like you I had it narrowed down to colour and interior spec Inc engine. Was actually driving to view a car in Wakefield, when the one I bought appeared on auto trader in Manchester so diverted over to see it.
A lot of those cars I looked at re still on autotrader today almost a year on. So take your time and get exactly what you want, it's outhere you just have to wait for it to turn up.
What spec are you looking for?
2021 R Portofino Blue, Convertible, Black interior, Sports seats.
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Good advice - also took me a few months to find the right car.
I always try and buy a car thinking I will never be able to sell it - forces me to be sure it’s the right car for me and not to worry about resale value.
A big factor for me was how far I was prepared to travel - it’s no fun driving 3 hours each way to be disappointed.
Try looking at plenty of cars that are local to you to better understand how condition and spec varies etc even if the spec is not for you.
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

100% agree with jagseven, you need to go and see the cars and get a feel for what you are looking at.
I was on my way to Scotland to view an approved jag when they pulled the plug after some intensive questioning on condition.
2021 R Portofino Blue, Convertible, Black interior, Sports seats.
scm

Post by scm »

jagseven wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:20 am A big factor for me was how far I was prepared to travel - it’s no fun driving 3 hours each way to be disappointed.
If you're driving your old Jag to upgrade, it's fun regardless! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Stebrim1

Post by Stebrim1 »

What are you looking for? I am considering selling my Red 2016 V8 550HP Coupe with 30,000 miles
mitch2.0

Post by mitch2.0 »

Stebrim1 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:24 pm What are you looking for? I am considering selling my Red 2016 V8 550HP Coupe with 30,000 miles
Thank for the reply, but not for me.
I'm after 2020 ish R Convertible with specific options.