European Road Trip Advice

Anything F-Type related......
Steveglenlee

Post by Steveglenlee »

I was lookimg at a visit to Mons on our return joirney from Germany.
Is it worrh a visit?
MY17 F type R V8 AWD in Dark Sapphire

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

simpleR and Jimmy have some really good routes there. I live a bit closer to all those nice roads and have done many of them loads of times. Went down to the Riviera through the Alps twice this year.

I'd generally speaking recommend the alpine region with all the incredible roads in the French, Italian and Swiss alps. Some hidden gems on the continent in terms of driving roads are northern Luxembourg and the Route des Cretes through Alsace. More known but IMHO overrated driving areas are the Belgian Ardennes and the black forest in Germany.

If you'd aim for the Alps and eastern France you could also squeeze in a visit to the Nürburgring.

Definitely go for the tall vehicle option on the train. If I recall correctly you had to watch out a bit when entering and exiting the train but inside there's loads of space and absolutely safe for 20" wheels...

train.JPEG

MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

I did a run from Bilbao by picking up the Dura valley in Spain followed it into Porto had a lovely meal and trip round Taylors, before returning back on the ferry.
2021 R Portofino Blue, Convertible, Black interior, Sports seats.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post