Modifying Exhaust

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Tom Sawyer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:02 pm I’ve been agonising over this for nearly two years, although I’m really only wanting more sound on tickover/low revs as the sound when you’re going for it is great (early V8)……….still unsure what to do!
Doesn't dynamic mode do just that? it seems to on mine - valves open all the time.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

Does it on my V6 for sure! 👌
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

I never drive the car in anything other than “loud mode”, but still think it needs more volume lower down the rev range. My Tamora was 98db on tickover and 125-130 on full revs, I’m past all that nonesense now, but still feel there’s something missing!
V8S
Lunar Grey
Viezu Upper Pulley & Remap
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
Kev

Post by Kev »

It's the low down burble of a car I love. When I put an RS Turbo lump into my Orion it had a nice subtle burble at idle so you knew it was something different, my XF-R was very subtle even above 4000rpm and could've done with a decent exhaust, but an AMG 55 or 63 sounds epic at whatever speed you're going, and as for a McLaren SLR that's on another level altogether
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
Jimmyrn85

Post by Jimmyrn85 »

Tom where are you based? That is exactly what I wanted noise wise. That is exactly what the Modstock "partial" mod has accomplished. Have a listen to my pre petrol filter 2017 V8 if you're not too far away.
2017 R
South East Cornwall
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

Jimmyrn85 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:41 am Tom where are you based? That is exactly what I wanted noise wise. That is exactly what the Modstock "partial" mod has accomplished. Have a listen to my pre petrol filter 2017 V8 if you're not too far away.
Thanks for the offer, I’m near Sheffield, so about 300 miles away, maybe at a meet somewhere next year, I’ll look into Modstock, not an option I’ve ever considered!
V8S
Lunar Grey
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm
Delpel

Post by Delpel »

Speak to Chris from Modstock. They are based in Croydon but hopefully will come up north to do some mods. I live near the Humber Bridge so would be good to get a couple of orders together to make their trip worthwhile, Might even bring the price down.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

As said before, I’ve read lots of good reports from owners using Modstock. Normally with a short clip being revved stationery. Be careful what you wish for though, you want to retain the screaming V6 pitch.

Only heard one V6 F-Type in full voice from outside. A chap called Ian lived in the next village to me. He always drove in a spirited fashion. His standard OEM V6 S sounded like something exotic coming along the road.

Truly astonishing noise 👌
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
OskarType

Post by OskarType »

Tom Sawyer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:02 pm I’ve been agonising over this for nearly two years, although I’m really only wanting more sound on tickover/low revs as the sound when you’re going for it is great (early V8)……….still unsure what to do!
I agree.
I think I will start with the 200 cell - downpipes as I don't want to mess with the OEM back box.
Hopefully, that gives it enough flavor that I won't feel the need to change the back box for a while :)
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

OskarType wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:10 pm
I agree.
I think I will start with the 200 cell - downpipes as I don't want to mess with the OEM back box.
Hopefully, that gives it enough flavor that I won't feel the need to change the back box for a while :)
Probably a good call, although I will look into the Modstock option in Spring once the supercharger pulley upgrade/ ECU remap/air filter change is done in January
V8S
Lunar Grey
596bhp
587lbs/ft / 796Nm

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post