Dick Lovett Jaguar Melksham Service?

Anything F-Type related......
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Has anyone used DL for servicing and repairs, I’m considering taking out a three year service plan and this would be the Dealer I would prefer based on my experience with other DL sites. Although already found that they are not as good as their counterparts when it comes to following up communications.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire

shatnersbassoon

Post by shatnersbassoon »

I found them to be more expensive for servicing than others, and unwilling to match the 3 year old+ fixed servicing costs that Jag are supposed to offer.
They were also terrible at communicating, as you found out.

Shame really. I had a great experience with Dick Lovett Motorrad in Bristol, but sadly it didn't carry over into the Jag dealer.
MY18 V8R AWD
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

shatnersbassoon wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:58 pm I found them to be more expensive for servicing than others, and unwilling to match the 3 year old+ fixed servicing costs that Jag are supposed to offer.

Shame really. I had a great experience with Dick Lovett Motorrad in Bristol, but sadly it didn't carry over into the Jag dealer.
Thanks for the feedback, asked them about Jaguars on line service packages to confirm price, still not responded. Just want to keep with Jag dealer FSH for at least first five years. Really don’t like Grange, every time it’s like walking into the Marie Celeste. Been (and still am) a very happy DL customer for 30 years. May have to suck it up and try Melksham then switch to probably Mike Allen Swindon.
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

That dealer always make me chuckle, I'm such a child :D .
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
shatnersbassoon

Post by shatnersbassoon »

MikeM wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:08 pm
shatnersbassoon wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:58 pm I found them to be more expensive for servicing than others, and unwilling to match the 3 year old+ fixed servicing costs that Jag are supposed to offer.

Thanks for the feedback, asked them about Jaguars on line service packages to confirm price, still not responded. Just want to keep with Jag dealer FSH for at least first five years. Really don’t like Grange, every time it’s like walking into the Marie Celeste. Been (and still am) a very happy DL customer for 30 years. May have to suck it up and try Melksham then switch to probably Mike Allen Swindon.
Their slow communications was one of the things that always put me off using them.
Don't get me started on Grange...

I've actually just swapped my F-Type in for a 911. Had an F-Type for a few years now and fancied something different.
Anyway, I emailed Porsche Swindon last night at about 11 o'clock for a price for a panel clip. I had a detailed reply from them at 7.30 this morning with the price (89p) and that it would be available for me to collect on Weds.
I doubt DL would have answered the initial email by Weds!

Also, Mike Allen are always excellent and have provided a much better service than any Jag dealer.
MY18 V8R AWD
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

shatnersbassoon wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:26 pm
MikeM wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:08 pm
shatnersbassoon wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:58 pm
I've actually just swapped my F-Type in for a 911. Had an F-Type for a few years now and fancied something different.
Anyway, I emailed Porsche Swindon last night at about 11 o'clock for a price for a panel clip. I had a detailed reply from them at 7.30 this morning with the price (89p) and that it would be available for me to collect on Weds.
Have to say they have always been good for me, my second Porsche was a 991s when they first came out, probably should have kept it.. Although Porsche main dealer service/repair costs are somewhat eye watering. Most owners that I know after the first three years either buy the extended warranty or switch to a decent Indy. Finally got a sensible response from Melksham so we’ll see.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post